My little RANT!

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    At the very least, the title should have the NSFW label. Luckily no one was walking by when I opened that one up.

This... because i opened it on my lunch break at work. I was also unaware there were actual rules like that.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more. Censorship is pretty silly. If you don't like the pictures, stop looking at them.

I agree, censorship is a slippery slope. And it's the north american culture that perceives a woman's body as an object of lust and being sexually explicit. I think the female body is amazing and should be shown, nothing to be disgusted by.

As a North American girl I agree. My kids already question why as boys / men they can go shirtless but girls/women cannot. Scott and I are honest and told them that society has sexualized the human body but that it is something to be celebrated. That said, we of course do not let them watch things with nudity, etc but we do discuss it.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more offended by the messy rooms shown in the background. :wink:

It's like...seriously? Do all these gorgeously slender people live in the same unkempt household? Maybe they spent so much time preparing healthy meals and exercising that they didn't have time left to tidy up. :smile:

that totally offends me too lol does your bedroom seriously look that disgusting? lmao
  • bogotachica
    Options
    I think I'm more offended by the messy rooms shown in the background. :wink:

It's like...seriously? Do all these gorgeously slender people live in the same unkempt household? Maybe they spent so much time preparing healthy meals and exercising that they didn't have time left to tidy up. :smile:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS....THE MESSY ROOMS DRIVE ME NUTS!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I think I know what picture the OP is referring to and though my first reaction was COVER UP, I changed very quickly because when I lose this weight I'm going nude 24/7. Lol.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    At the very least, the title should have the NSFW label. Luckily no one was walking by when I opened that one up.

^This. I don't care what people post, but at least give a warning.
  • Justapartyofone
    Options

This... because i opened it on my lunch break at work. I was also unaware there were actual rules like that.

Now that we know I think you should totally go around and just report everyone.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you find a post offensive, REPORT IT.

Complaining isn't going to help anything.
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I couldn't disagree more. Censorship is pretty silly. If you don't like the pictures, stop looking at them.

I agree, censorship is a slippery slope. And it's the north american culture that perceives a woman's body as an object of lust and being sexually explicit. I think the female body is amazing and should be shown, nothing to be disgusted by.

As a North American girl I agree. My kids already question why as boys / men they can go shirtless but girls/women cannot. Scott and I are honest and told them that society has sexualized the human body but that it is something to be celebrated. That said, we of course do not let them watch things with nudity, etc but we do discuss it.

^^This.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I know this is an adult site and I completely think those who are proud of themselves have every right to post Before and After pictures. I also love looking at before and afters because not only does it show how dedicated the people on this website are but drastically the body can change. That said, I think that there should be a rule that if your picture could resemble a scene from "girls gone wild" maybe you should think twice before putting it on the internet where it will stay forever. <--- I just saw one today, and while I think it is amazing that the person lost all the weight, a picture completely naked from the waist up, with only a hand covering their chest should not be allowed... <Rant Over>

Please direct me as to where I can find said picture
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think I know what picture the OP is referring to and though my first reaction was COVER UP, I changed very quickly because when I lose this weight I'm going nude 24/7. Lol.

yeah, this too.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Why would you open a post titled RANT and then ***** that she's ranting? If you don't like rants why did you come here. People need to vent. Also I agree but that's just MO.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    NSFW. I googled it. You should too. click on any link that comes up. lol
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    OK
  • steveinct
    steveinct Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This is a little silly. There are many people in this world who think a bikini is "too much", yet there you are posing in one. Heck, 23% of the world's population is Muslim and I believe they would say your picture is offensive and we haven't even gotten into the puritan groups. If someone came on your before and after thread and complained about your bikini photo you would probably tell them to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Why are you right about the "hand bra" but someone else would be wrong about the bikini?

Please note, I am NOT saying you shouldn't have an opinion. I am glad you do! Everyone should.
  • Kevinpcarey
    Options
    and the saran-wrapping of the world continues..soon we wont be able to fart without offending someone!!!!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We all have different opinions as to what we think censorship really defines. I don't mind as long as I don't see your nips, crack or vag. We all know the anatomy of the human body. We all know what parts we have. I like the human body is beautiful, and I don't mind seeing those pictures. But, you also have a point in that this is the internet. That photo could go from here to tagged in Facebook or found on Google in nearly no time. I just don't really see a reason to get so worked up about something like that. There are way more important things to get mad about than whether someone on the internet is wearing their clothes or not. Some people thing bra/panties photos are too much. Seriously? What's the REAL different between wearing a bikini and your bra and underwear? Other than it's suggested to not swim in your underclothing and one is mean to "deflect" water and keep your **** covered while you swim? Just something I think is stupid to get mad about. We all have different opinions about different things, and if you don't think it's appropriate, then just sit there and think "Well this isn't appropriate" and move the *kitten* on with your life.
  • elenakristine
    elenakristine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make sure all my pics are nudes once I get skinny.

No, not really. But I would probably be wanting to show off as well:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!