Head ach and Tired

Options
I have a headache and I am feeling exhausted but i can't go to bed cause I have homework left to do which is due tomorrow. How can i get rid of my headache in a natural way and stop feeling tired in a natural way? I haven't ate dinner yet but i am going to eat it at 9 or 10 pm.

Replies

• needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    drink lots of water, 10 min cat nap help me to feel refreshed when I'm tired
  • purpleface
    purpleface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lots of water & painkillers if you have any.
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    THAT'S WHY YOU TIRED AND HAVE A HEADACHE! YOU NEED TO EAT SILLY!!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If you find the answers to these questions I would love to hear them.

I have suffered with incredibly bad headaches for the last seven years (coincidentally, the times they started coincides with the time I met my husband) and due to allergies and other treatments that I am undertaking I can't take anything for them, the only thing helps is sleep, which, ironically, is something I have had a problem with since I was a child.

A lot of people I know say sugar helps ease the pain.

Hope it gets better soon.
  • gingernutkaren
    Options
    I personally feel that if you have a headache and are really tired, you havent consumed enough calories for your daily activities on that particular day. Listen to your body, avoid "bad food" cravings but try viewing food as fuel, its not good to run on empty. Eating late at night isnt very effective either, try eating at regular intervals, with powerful snacks (protein shakes, nuts or low fat yoghurt & fruit) that will carry you through the day. Dont forget to drink plenty of water!!!
  • lulu_1
    lulu_1 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks, I am going to ignore the surprise guest that have showed up at my home uninvited and i am making my own food. I haven't been feeling well all afternoon and i don't want to take med's for it.
  • borpy
    borpy Posts: 38
    Options
    Something that might help both headaches and feeling tired and not being able to sleep is progressive muscle relaxtion which is a fancy way of saying tensing up and relaxing. You start at your head and work your way down tensing one muscle group at a time for a bout 15 seconds, then releasing the tension all at once and relaxing for 20 seconds.
    A series that i like to do in bed before I go to sleep is:
    - Head by trying to wiggle your ears
    - face scrunch ( like making monster faces when you were a kid)
    - neck pushing the back of your head into the pillow
    -both shouldesr upwards to the ears
    - both shoulder blades pressing toward each other
    - lower back by pushing your shoulder blades into the bed
    - tummy by pretending your trying to fit into some too tight pants
    - bum by pressing your cheeks together like you're trying to make a diamond ;)
    -both thighs
    -both calves
    -finlly feet and toes by pulling your toes up towards your ankles and spreading them at the same time