Shin Splints..

Options
2»

Replies

• swood0114
    swood0114 Posts: 43
    Options
    I can definitely help!

I struggled with them all through middle school, high school, and then into the beginning of college. However I finally learned how to cure them and I haven't gotten them since!

Get a pilates resistance band.. the flat ones are the easiest to control for this exercise. It doesn't need to be a high resistance.
    1. Sit down with one leg stretched out in front of you and place the middle of the band under the ball of your foot.
    2. Stretch your leg out with your toe pointing up, holding both ends of the band
    3. Keeping your leg and ankle stationary, push your toe forward against the resistance of the band until the bottom of your your foot is parallel to the floor and then slowly allow your forefoot to come back up. Do maybe 10-15 reps. You should feel this in your shin.
    4. Repeat this just once or twice a day for a week or two and I PROMISE this will work, it cured mine!

Can you visualize those instructions? If not I can try to clarify.

I think i understand your instructions. I will have to try this. I use to hate gym class and argue with the teacher in High School because of shin splints. lol

Great! Let me know how it goes/if you have any more questions about it! :smile: