Protein Bars

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for some new protein bars to try. My husband and I use them for snacks when we are in a hurry, which is pretty much daily. We use them to supplement our protein intake for the day since we both lift.

Each bar has to be under 200 calories and have at least 15g protein. Ideally, carbs should be under 15g also, but that's negotiable.

Any suggestions for some tasty options?

BTW, the Oh Yeah! Chocolate and Caramel bars are very good in case you need a new option as well. These are the ones we currently have, but we are looking for more variety.

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Some of the Balance Bars fit very close to the criteria you describe.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Expensive but really good

quest-bars.jpg

or

200.JPG
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I like the supreme protein peanut butter pretzel. I think it's actually 210 calories, but 15 grams of protein, and it actually tastes really good. No weird aftertaste and not terribly expensive, either.
  • QueenRobin
    Options
    My favorite bar is Cliff Builder Chocolate Protein Bars. However, they do not fit your criteria but are really good!:smile:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I had a box of supreme protein cookies and cream and wasn't disappointed. It worked out at about £1.49 per bar.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Bars are in your criteria...and they have only 120 calories, and 23gr of protein. They taste good too, and that's the important part for me. I also like the shakes they put out and have the same calories and protein. Good Stuff.
  • kimhwan92
    kimhwan92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

quest-bars.jpg

or

200.JPG

Quest bars

/thread

Has 20g protein, ~20g carbs(~18g fiber).

The best tasting snack you will ever find.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I've heard good things about the quest bars. I don't know about the cals... I'm looking for a protein bar that's low in cals too...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

quest-bars.jpg

or

200.JPG

Quest bars

/thread

Has 20g protein, ~20g carbs(~18g fiber).

The best tasting snack you will ever find.

Those look amazing. The Cinnamon roll flavor looks delicous.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    So far I've found the Clif Builder bars to be the tastiest for the 20g protein. But they're 270 calories, so it's more of an indulgence.

Pure Protein bars are 180-210 cals for 19-20g of protein, but they're not the tasiest IMO. I do get them when they're on sale though.

Haven't really found anything else fitting. But I'm gonna keep on the lookout for the ones Acg suggested.

I have not seen the Pure Protein bars that are 120 cals and 23g of protein? They really exist? Where do you buy them?
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    So far I've found the Clif Builder bars to be the tasiest for the 20g protein. But they're 270 calories, so it's more of an indulgence.

Pure Protein bars are 180-210 cals for 19-20g of protein, but they're not the tasiest IMO. I do get them when they're on sale though.

Haven't really found anything else fitting. But I'm gonna keep on the lookout for the ones Acg suggested.

I have not seen the Pure Protein bars that are 120 cals and 23g of protein? They really exist? Where do you buy them?

Look at the Oh Yeah Chocolate caramel bars. Those are the ones we've been eating for the most part, and they are very good.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    So far I've found the Clif Builder bars to be the tasiest for the 20g protein. But they're 270 calories, so it's more of an indulgence.

Look at the Oh Yeah Chocolate caramel bars. Those are the ones we've been eating for the most part, and they are very good.
    Nice, I'll have to look for those. Thanks.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Head over to www.youbars.com. They let you make your own bar and you'll know every single ingredient in it because you get to choose it. The price is steep but that's because you get insanely good ingredients and quality. I usually settle for Quest Bars but youbars customization makes it the best bar out there in my opinion.
    Those look amazing. The Cinnamon roll flavor looks delicous.

Throw it in the microwave for 10 second and it becomes insanely good.