what.a.jerk

Options
my boyfriend just came home from returning movies and he hands me a brownie oreo hot fudge sundae...so I handed it back and now I'm pouting. Thats my favorite thing and he knows how hard I'm trying and how serious about getting healthy I am!

Replies

• SRowell1224
    SRowell1224 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    maybe he thought you needed a break? I'd eat the ice cream! :) haha everyone deserves one day off.
  • Fairleighfit
    Fairleighfit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Not even fair! Pbbbbbbtttttttt! Don't give in!
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    He was probably just trying to be nice :) Sounds like something my boyfriend would do hahah
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,107 Member
    Options
    awww. I'll bet that wasn't the response he was hoping for! :laugh:
  • timherrmann
    Options
    Speaking as a guy who doesn't try to be a jerk, and trying to lose weight with my wife now, in the past I've done that--but it really is a stupid accident. We think we're being thoughtful getting something you like, and boom, we get reminded (cause we didn't think, or forgot) you are trying to lose weight and eat better.....no win scenerio...I'm sure he's sorry...
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    After not doing things the proper way in the past, I would have said Thankyou and said I will have it later. then toss it. I think he was being nice,just not thoughful
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Lol aww that's horrible. My boyfriend has done similar things... I asked once if he would share a cookie from Mrs. Fields with me because I really wanted one, he agreed and then went back on it and tried to get me to eat the whole thing. -_- I ended up giving it to someone at work, but I was annoyed that he didn't help me out by splitting it. They think they're being nice and saying you deserve to have it, but they don't understand what a slippery slope it is for us!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    He may even have been trying to be nice but...

BBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT

He failed. Good job handing it back!

It would be a great thing if he did that when you wanted a break, but not while you're "being good".
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hahaha I dont often get mad at him- I'm aware he doesnt always use his brain! He just polished it off in front of me......
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    Stay strong girl! You'll reap the rewards later. :) My son has been trying to hand me his junk food all day. The last time I rejected it I told him "I am trying really hard to stick to my diet. I know you mean well, but please respect me." He turns around and says "I can't handle this..." "What?" I asked He said, "You being on this diet." I just laughed.
    Try to remember... It is not just a change of life for you. The people around you have to get used to you breaking old habits. It's going to be tough at times, but you can do this! :)
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    maybe he thought you needed a break? I'd eat the ice cream! :) haha everyone deserves one day off.

I'm saving my spike day for Saturday- I want to go to a Mexican place!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    nice, just not thoughful
    Good distinction!
    But if he keeps doing things like that... ignoring what's important to you, especially if it does seem to be intentional, I'd say you deserve a better boyfriend (rather than an undesirable dessert).
  • polodecaf2
    Options
    I've had a good friend friend buy me a large "diet" soda only to find out it was a regular coke.after thinking about it, and talking to people, thinking I was over thinking it, I came to the conclusion. That as much as she loves and supports me there is a
    Part of her that's scared that when I lose the weight I won't need her any more and Ill essentially leave her. He doesn't consciously want to sabotage you, but subconsciously wants to know things aren't going to change. That's just MHO.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Heh, I've done similar things in the past when I just wasn't thinking.

My father enjoyed chocolate covered cherries. I usually gave him a box at Christmas.

Including the Christmas after he was diagnosed with diabetes.

Whoops.

In my defense, I was a teenager, but it was still pretty thoughtless.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    Speaking as a guy who doesn't try to be a jerk, and trying to lose weight with my wife now, in the past I've done that--but it really is a stupid accident. We think we're being thoughtful getting something you like, and boom, we get reminded (cause we didn't think, or forgot) you are trying to lose weight and eat better.....no win scenerio...I'm sure he's sorry...

My husband has made this same mistake. I took a bite so I didn't hurt his feelings but then I put it in the freezer for him to enjoy later. I know how hard it is to live with/ be around someone who does not try to eat healthier! Don't get too upset about it either. If it really got you hungry for chocolate, try one of the 100cal jello puddings. I eat mine with little spoons so it lasts longer!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Awwww. I'm sure he meant well...give him a gentle reminder, but give him the benefit of the doubt...
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: I soooo knew you would get at least one "you may have to get rid of him because he isn't concerned about you enough comments".... geesh! Please do NOT dump your boyfriend because he bought you an icecream! Can you imagine! :tongue: My husband of 10 years (other half for 16) brings me home whoopie pies occasionally and even though it is NOT a good thing for my weight loss, he means well. I would NEVER get rid of a guy because he wanted me to be happy. :heart:
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need a 'cheat' day in your eating plan. Sounds like he was just trying to be sweet & was thinking of you. I wouldn't be mad. I'd eat it and then make him go for a long walk with me. :)
  • SRowell1224
    SRowell1224 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thats good! my day off is on Sundays. :)