YEAST OVERGROWTH

Options
Has anyone got any info on this?? I am having trouble shedding any weight and am suffering from constipation and gas. 4 weeks at 1200-1300 cal and no loss for 4 wks.

Replies

• JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a good probiotic? That may help.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Cute puppy!!

Get a strong probiotice (5 billion or more cultures per pill), a fiber supplement (soluble fiber, inulin is good), and milled flax seeds (1Tbsp a day). Drink plenty of water. I like to mix my flax in my yogurt. Also, caffeine-free hot tea. Good luck!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    first of all, that's not enough food.

but with regard to the yeast, you can try (if you can stand it) Unfiltered apple cider vinegar. You can google for the amounts. I cannot personally stand that stuff, but I have used it and it works.

Also, extra virgin coconut oil (MUCH better tasting, IMO) is also useful for beating back the yeast.

good luck.

blessings.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    wow, thanks for some great advice guys! Yes my dog is my baby.... i will start with my passiflora, had that last night and it is a liquid probiotic, all natural with good cultures... my fibre intake is pretty good (lots of apples, vegie soups, potatoes with skin) but that just causes worse gas, painful infact. Will look for these flax seeds.... i was on 1370 cal to lose a pound a week, but nothing happened at all so lowered it to 1200 and i eat back every single execise cal. How much more should I eat???
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Cute puppy!!

Get a strong probiotice (5 billion or more cultures per pill), a fiber supplement (soluble fiber, inulin is good), and milled flax seeds (1Tbsp a day). Drink plenty of water. I like to mix my flax in my yogurt. Also, caffeine-free hot tea. Good luck!

You are the Probiotic Queen! Heck you even got ME looking at the stuff in Costco last weekend. :laugh:
  • DeserveIt
    Options
    Be careful adding fibre, if you aren't drinking enough water, your constipation will get worse.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    wow, thanks for some great advice guys! Yes my dog is my baby.... i will start with my passiflora, had that last night and it is a liquid probiotic, all natural with good cultures... my fibre intake is pretty good (lots of apples, vegie soups, potatoes with skin) but that just causes worse gas, painful infact. Will look for these flax seeds.... i was on 1370 cal to lose a pound a week, but nothing happened at all so lowered it to 1200 and i eat back every single execise cal. How much more should I eat???

It looks like you are getting a lot of insoluble fiber...apple/potato skin, veggie peels. This stuff can be fermented to gas easily and rather than ease 'transit', they just make bulk. A soluble fiber forms a sort of gel in your gut...like when oatmeal gets wet it gets soft, but if an apple peel gets wet, nothing happens. Soluble fiber will help smooth the exit. You can also get a simethicone product that eases gas and transit. And plenty of water!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Cute puppy!!

You are the Probiotic Queen! Heck you even got ME looking at the stuff in Costco last weekend. :laugh:

Haha! :) Costco has a great brand...Everyday Nutrition or something. They're 5 billion cells per cap.
  • anahee
    anahee Posts: 10
    Options
    same thing is happening to me, i've been doing the 1200 calories for 4 - 6 weeks and all i've lost is just oz... please help!!! i've always suffered from constipation and doctor started me on Amitiza, which is supposed to help... we'll see what happens. Any advice on how to loose a little more weight?
  • sicchi
    Options
    I am trying atkins... did it years ago. I need to re-program my system. Someone told me to cut all grains and sugar so this is basically it. :) day 2 now.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Peppermint tea help me reduce gas and digestion issues.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you (and the lady who also said she cant lose and is eating 1200 calories) are not eating enough - your body is probably in starvation mode. anything under 1200 calories is considered a starvation diet so especially if you are exercising, you are not properly fueling your body and it is telling you to **** off. listen to your body. :)

as far as constipation goes i have a lot of issues with that too. i still haven't figured out a sure way to get through it. laxativies was way too harsh on my body so i cant do that again. iv tried stool softeners and they work okay but i only like to resort to them after a week or 2 of insane amounts of water and clean eating.

best of luck.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit Seed Extract will help.

It is likely to be worse for a few days to a week before it gets better though. You can go through a "withdrawal" from the lack of sugar etc.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound negative but won't the Atkins just make the constipation worse?
  • sicchi
    Options
    4 DAYS into atkins, and i feel great, following it to the letter. Bloatedness and constipation gone, taking a multivitamin too. My body mustn't like carbs. Will let you know how i go after a week. Thankyou for the suggestions, I think i was in starvation mode!