reviews on eating/tracking whatever you want but losing?

Options
Just wondering if your eating habits changed or basically eating what you like? But since tracking on here if you losing weight/not losing.

Replies

• Paige_me
    Paige_me Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed what I eat for the most part, I just changed how much I eat. I still have beers and candy, but when I do I make sure I stay within my caloric guidelines.
    I have stopped eating certain things though after realizing how bad they were for me.
    I try to keep my fat below 30g no matter what.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating most processed foods.
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I still eat pretty much what I want. I just limit it, you know everything in moderation. I try to keep my fat, sugar and sodium within the limits set though. They all tend to do not so great things with my body if I eat too much.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I still eat the things I love.. just in moderation now. I make a point to give myself little treats to satisfy my sweet tooth.. otherwise I'd probably go insane
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing for me is portion control and logging has made me aware of the mindless eating I was doing. I still have "treats" and eat meals and am full.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have lost a taste for certain foods I used to eat. I eat smaller portions now.

But for the most part it is the portions that have changed more than anything
  • marylovehellokitty
    marylovehellokitty Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Oh ok cool :) I changed my eating around to fat free/low cal items. Trying to slow down on the coke,fast food etc lol. I been working out for a while but the scale only started moving again since joining here :)
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I still eat pretty much all the things I love, but just in moderation. I love sweets and wouldn't be successful if I tried to full on cut them out, I would just end up gorging. So I just save some calories for what I want.
  • marylovehellokitty
    Options
    double
  • marylovehellokitty
    Options
    oops sorry I pushed reply instead of quote lol
  • marylovehellokitty
    Options
    I still eat pretty much all the things I love, but just in moderation. I love sweets and wouldn't be successful if I tried to full on cut them out, I would just end up gorging. So I just save some calories for what I want.

Ditto! like I had some oreo cookies today smh haha :) Is the scale still moving though with the sweets?
  • Rochellejean88
    Options
    Watch the low fat stuff..... my husband was recently diagnosed as diabetic and we have to watch everything. Since then, we've found that some low fat items are worse than regular :/
  • marylovehellokitty
    Options
    I have lost a taste for certain foods I used to eat. I eat smaller portions now.

But for the most part it is the portions that have changed more than anything

Yes that is so true!! I didn't realize a bowl of cereal would be almost 300 cal before milk!!! mfp is a big eye opener lol. So glad to be here :)
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I still eat pretty much what I want. I just limit it, you know everything in moderation. I try to keep my fat, sugar and sodium within the limits set though. They all tend to do not so great things with my body if I eat too much.

^^ This. And I read labels much better now and make better choices.
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Watch the low fat stuff..... my husband was recently diagnosed as diabetic and we have to watch everything. Since then, we've found that some low fat items are worse than regular :/

I found that too!!! Always thought we were doing the right thing eating low-fat, never had a fatty diet in the first place so we were going way over the sodium and sugar levels.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I still pretty much eat whatever I want. I just eat within reason now. Rather than a WHOLE pizza, I have 2 or 3 slices. Rather than a HUGE *kitten* PIECE OF CAKE, I will have a small slice. Diet soda rather than regular. A handful of chips rather than the whole bag... it's about changing how you eat, not necessarily what you eat.
  • JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot more healthier nowadays, more natural processed foods etc.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying to make changes, but it's slow. I won't have control over what I eat until I get my first paycheck from my new job on the 20th. Then I plan to buy and eat healthier foods.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    One thing I did do, though was cut way back on soda. I just couldn't afford the calories.
  • kmorris123
    kmorris123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started by promising myself for the month of February I would not drink a soda. It took me about two weeks into March before I wanted to try one, and it was the nastiest tasting thing I've ever tried to drink. I've started making small changes in things I eat, and now when I'm shopping, we mainly stick to the outside perimeter of the store. We've gone from eating out three to four days a week to eating out once or twice. I still eat a lot of things I like, but I'm using measuring cups and spoons to control portions. It's really helped me see that I was making bad guesses before. I started small and now the changes are a lot easier. Good luck to you as you continue on your journey.