Have to do something!

Options
Hi all!

I am Anneliese and a stay at home Mom. I have several medical conditions that prevent me from working out and have ballooned to an unhealthy weight. I heard that when losing weight, keep track of your food can really be beneficial, so I am so thankful for this website!

I can't wait to meet new friends on here!

God Bless you all,
Anneliese

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome Anneliese!! Good to have you with us! I think you'll love the site and the motivation you can get and give here.

Good luck on your journey!
  • anneliese1
    Options
    Thank you so much Tuscany!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined this site in January and did nothing with it until June - but once I began honestly tracking my food I gained a lot of knowledge about the kinds of food that I was eating and now much those foods 'cost'. I was horrified.

It promoted me to make great changes in the way I ate, and I began to lose weight!!!

So you've made the right choice, and come to the right place!
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I hope you will like it as much as I do!! I never counted calories!!! I think this site is fun!!! And very helpful!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am Anneliese and a stay at home Mom. I have several medical conditions that prevent me from working out and have ballooned to an unhealthy weight. I heard that when losing weight, keep track of your food can really be beneficial, so I am so thankful for this website!

I can't wait to meet new friends on here!

God Bless you all,
    Anneliese

Hi Anneliese, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • anneliese1
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome! I really appreciate all the advice and encouragement. I certainly don't get it anywhere else right now! lol
    Nice meeting you all!! :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Anneliese, welcome to MFP. :smile:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this wonderful site Anneliese1......GOOD LUCK ON YOUR LOSING WEIGHT JOURNEY..... KEEP YOU HEAD UP HIGH AND KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS ...ONE DAY AT A TIME .....make SMALL goals for yourself and reward yourself when you get there (JUST NOT WITH FOOD)
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Are there absolutely no exercises you can do? Exercising will not only help you burn more excess weight, but you'll feel fantastic afterwards :smile: Even the smallest things help - what range of motion do you have?