I need some motivation friends :)

Today is my first day of actually using the site! I downloaded the app before, but never used it. So anyhow, I really would love to meet some new people on here to help keep me motivated.

I'm 24, and I have a lot of things changing in my life right now. I decided that since everything else around me is changing, I should change too! I really want this to be the start of an awesome new chapter in my life, and I'm looking forward to challenging myself, and actually having a group of people around me to help keep me accountable!

I would love to get to know some of you, and your stories!

Replies

• Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Well, you cna add me and join the journey
  • dsb05d
    dsb05d Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Cindychoices!! Welcome to the group! Just wanted to let you know that the first step can be the hardest and you already took it, so excited for your new journey and chapter in your life!
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Hey there! You can read my whole weightloss journey (so far) at my blog: fatandflexible.tumblr.com - I post workout information, food stuff, victories, progress photos, you name it! Mind if I add you as a friend?
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Hi and welcome! I've found this site and the people on it to be an amazing inspiration. It keeps me on track to watch everyone else keep on track! Feel free to add me :)
  • MsNunee
    MsNunee Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Cindy! Please add me, I have two other friends on my app and love their support. It really does make a difference to have a group of people looking out for you!
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • LeanoraRose
    LeanoraRose Posts: 45 Member
    @dsb05d, It's so true! I actually said my weight out loud yesterday! It was the first time I have weighed myself in a looong time! I even told one of my friends from work, and my boyfriend. I have not admitted my weight to anyone in years! I am trying to be public as possible so others can help keep my accountable! I am so sick of being afraid of my damn scale! LOL! So thanks in advance for the support!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    You can open up your diary to your friends too :) Go to food, settings, then down the bottom is diary sharing
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Hi Cindychoices!

You have found the right forum here, with people who will support you, bring you up when you are feeling down or depressed, give you the MOST awesome recipes, and just generally talk through anything that you want to discuss.

I had actually lost most of my weight before joining this forum. I got through that last 15 ONLY because of this site.

I am glad you are here. I do not know, or care how much you have to lose, 20 or 200. Add friends here, including me. We are all in this together, and I promise, will not abandon you on this journey.
  • Alev1391
    Alev1391 Posts: 4
    Im on day 2 on this site and sofar im doing ok. I think it wont hurt to get tips on staying on track soo hit me up so we can help motavate ourselfs to reach our fitness goals! :)
  • Hi I'm 23 and definetly understand the going through changes phase. The best part about all the changes is the new look you can give yourself and really get noticed and then follow through with being a good person to whomever you meet in the future.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    @dsb05d, It's so true! I actually said my weight out loud yesterday! It was the first time I have weighed myself in a looong time! I even told one of my friends from work, and my boyfriend. I have not admitted my weight to anyone in years! I am trying to be public as possible so others can help keep my accountable! I am so sick of being afraid of my damn scale! LOL! So thanks in advance for the support!

Saying your weight is such a huge accomplishment. Wow. That's progress! Keep up the great work woman!!
  • LeanoraRose
    Ahhh! That makes me so excited! Thanks so much for the support!
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 192 Member
    you can add me. i will help as much as i can.
  • Jodibon
    Jodibon Posts: 4
    You can add me also. And for everyone out there im also new and would love some motivation also
  • jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Hi there and welcome , hope you enjoy it as much as I do. You can add me if you would like too im gonna be here a while :-)
  • LeanoraRose
    Thanks everyone! I'm so excited to be doing this with all of you!
  • ruudi1955
    ruudi1955 Posts: 6 Member
    You have come to the right place?

This sight, and the people on here, have made all the difference to me. Ive known for ages that I had to do something with my weight, but then I know lots of things. Knowing something and doing something about it are two totally different things!

Ive lost 33lbs so far since the start of the year and I can honestly say I could not have done it without this place.

Get going!!
  • lisalu1202
    lisalu1202 Posts: 30 Member
    Feel free to add me, I'm a newbie too :-)
  • Jodibon
    Jodibon Posts: 4
    That is AWESOME!!! I hope to lose weight also...like ya said saying and doing are 2 totally dif things we gotta do this!! Proud of you! I hope I get there too> EVERYONE ON HERE WE GOT THIS!!!!:happy: