Frustrated - Not Losing Weight

Options
Its been a month now and I'm still stucked at 145 lbs. My goal weight is 130. I am eating below my calories goal and it is still not working. I started using MFP last December and I lost around 40+ pounds. But now, my weight loss stopped. I tried adjusting my goals to 1 lb per week, but still nothing is working. Please help!

Replies

• kravmom
    kravmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose 15 pounds or less, you need to use a different method. You're probably not eating enough. You can't have any more than a 500 calorie deficit per day otherwise your body will hold onto the weight. Read Jillian Michaels' book, Making the Cut. That's what it's about.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary....you are not eating enough
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You probably need to eat more. Right now, you're eating as much as I am, and I'm short, female, older, and without a large weight loss goal.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary....you are not eating enough
    this
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    To start with, try setting your weight loss goal at 0.5 lb/week.

Do you eat a good chunk of your exercise calories?
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to your goal weight, the more you need to feed yourself or your body goes into starvation mode
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just eat already! lol best of luck :)
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

plug your info into this handy calculator, see how much you should be eating. It's my understanding that weight loss WILL slow the closer you get to your goal. But, you need to make sure to get in the cals your body needs to survive! It seems to me, you need more cals!
  • yasdnilear
    yasdnilear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't really see much or any exercise logging which is usually pretty essential to getting those last pounds off. Also check your ratios. You want to be eating foods higher in protein and even fiber, versus foods higher in fat which will give you more energy and more of the essential nutrients your body needs for metabolism. And then as others have said, its best to not ever go under 1200 at the lowest.
  • keloman
    keloman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My problem is that if I eat more, I am afraid that I will be gaining pounds instead of losing them. In the past few weeks, I havent exercised because my work schedule has been very busy.

Thank you guys for the help and tips! :)
  • sexyaly
    sexyaly Posts: 1
    Options
    HAHAHAHA
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh less! Cutting even more calories and increasing cardio won't work.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Try to change it up a bit, do a different work-out or do the same but for a longer amount of time. I was stuck almost 3 weeks, but I just got past my plateau. Keep at it, you'll start losing again :smile:
  • skittles8810
    Options
    Your body is at a plateau, you need to adjust your exercise intensity. You will have to do higher and shorter intensities but different exercises. Your body adjust to everything you do so switch it up! :)
  • Lisa2632
    Lisa2632 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You seem to be missing two main foods from your food log ... fruits and veggies!! (yes this is from a mom talking) Bulk up your food intake with veggies ... if you need to get use to them try using a yogurt based dip or low cal one. Adding veggies will also add fibre to your diet which help get things moving. Good luck and stay motivated ... you've done a great job!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My problem is that if I eat more, I am afraid that I will be gaining pounds instead of losing them. In the past few weeks, I havent exercised because my work schedule has been very busy.

Thank you guys for the help and tips! :)

You will have a gain at first if you've been undereating. That's what it takes to fix the damage you're doing to yourself. You have to eat to lose especially when you're so close to goal.