Any teenagers out there?

Options
jam0525
jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
Hi,

I am definitely not a teenager. My teenage son's girlfriend just started a diet and she is struggling. Before I tell her about MFP, I wanted to check and see if there are any teenagers out there. She is 14 and a freshman in high school.

Thanks,

JAM

Replies

• Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    I would recomend bring her here even tough there arent many teenagers, a wiser more adult person would be better to advice her and stuff, and besides, there's a bunch of persons here who are willing to help anyone , and they are very friendly
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    My daughter (she's 14) uses the site to log her food and exercise. She never comes on the boards though.
  • tinydancer7
    Options
    On Monday, I will officially be a senior in high school. Finally! I can't wait!

I stumbled upon MFP at the beginning of the summer, and I love it. It's not always easy to stay within my limits, but I've stuck to this longer than any other plan I've tried on my own. I tend to be an all-or-nothing type of person, so this place keeps me balanced. I still occassionally have my mom's cake or eat chips at my friends' house, I just watch my portion size. I also love that the more I exercise, the more I get to eat (hee hee). It's not always a good idea for teenagers to cut calories because we're active and still growing, but I'm taking it slow so I don't go crazy from deprivation (not that I feel I'm deprived).

If you decide to tell her about this site, wish her good luck for me.
  • FlowerTaming
    FlowerTaming Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 15, and turning 16 next month. I know my profile says I'm 18, but they don't let you have an account at 15 otherwise, and I can see no harm in it to be honest, it's helping me, and not damaging my health, so I'm here.

I think you should tell her about the site, it does wonders! I know I only got serious about it last week, but since then I've lost 3lb!
  • prohappy
    prohappy Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm turning 18 in a couple of months. :flowerforyou:
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    My sister is on here. She is 16.
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    definately tell her about the site regardless because if people learned at an early age what we all know now, they might never get as fat as we got. you know? it can't hurt. people here give good, healthy tips. it's more like an education and support plan vs a diet or some of the other crap out there for weight loss.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I think this is probably one of the best support systems and learning tools for young people. What it does for my daughter is it keeps her aware- of what she's eating, and how much she's moving.
  • iKarma
    iKarma Posts: 6
    Options
    Well I don't know if you want to count me being a teen since I am 20, but it won't hurt your son's girlfriend to be on here.

She doesn't have to use the message boards or anything unless she wants to and even then I don't think she'll have much problems. :)
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    My sister's on here and she's 14
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for responding. I will talk to her and hope she joins.