One year later w. pics

Options
I've seen so many inspirational stories on the blogs and forums of people who have done such great things for their health while using MFP. I thought I'd share my story briefly and include pics as well.

I started MFP at the end of March 2011 with a eight of approx. 320 (not 100 sure if my scale was right at that weight). At the same time that I joined MFP, I also joined Overeater's Anonymous as I felt that I had food/eating addictions. Overeater's Anonymous helped me to start the process in removing foods from my life that were harming me, specifically sugar and junk food, as I had no control in eating them. I also realized that when I ate a sugar-laden or overly processed food, my body and my mind CRAVED to have more junk food.

So...I removed them from my diet and have stayed away for over a year. I consider those foods poison to me or cause me an allergic reaction--so just like I'd have to remove nuts from my diet if I was allergic to them...

I try to eat as "clean" as possible with most foods being as close to nature as possible.

I reduced weight pretty easily just following the eating plan of three meals a day with absolutely no snacking in between (so there is a beginning and end to each meal) which works best for me.

In December of 2011, I unfortunately, had an emotional breakdown due to other things going on in my life and have been struggling with depression and anxiety since then. I have, however, been able to maintain my weight loss of 70+lbs (up and down a couple of lbs) by sticking to my "eating plan" as close as I possiblty could--I wasn't always able to maintain my calories but still stayed away from "unhealthy" food.

But, wanting to celebrate how far I've come, I wanted to show pictures of before and "during", as I still have a ways to go, but I will get there in good time when my mind is healthier.

Please note that in providing this topic, I'm not asking for any advice although I realize anyone providing advice would be trying to help me. I just wanted to share this so that people who may have an understanding of a weight loss struggle with depression involved.

I wish everyone here working hard for their future health the very best of luck and support during their journey to health!

(i hope the pictures work!)

320ish
Before1.jpg
Before2.jpg

270ish
During1.jpgDuring2.jpg

247ish
Oneyearlater-Front.jpgOneyearlater-side.jpg

Replies

• Ady0092
    Ady0092 Posts: 86
    Options
    you cant see the pics
  • stiggysworld
    Options
    Looking good! Keep it up!!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I love success stories! =)
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    You look great, keep up the good work!
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WTG! You must feel great!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thats great, keep it up.
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome progress--you look great! And I wish you well in your fight against depression.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Your doing great hun, and just remember, it doesnt matter how long it takes as these changes are here for good! foe the rest of your life and that is the journey! I belive in you and Im sure your family and friends do too and will be with u every step of the way! :) I hope u beat this depression and know u r worth it!!! Much love and hugs to you Pink xxx
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You have come such a long way and have done so well! Congratulations on your success so far and all the best for the journey ahead of you! Depression is no joke, be kind to yourself!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for posting it. Congratulations on a great accomplishment and sticking with it when it has gotten tougher. You look fabulous in those jeans! Look at that waist! :flowerforyou:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you!!! :)
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love you story. Please remember this weightloss journey is a struggle for all of "US" and sometimes depressing. Hang in there and keep the FAITH!
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and pictures. You are doing fabulous and you look great.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    well done, I know how hard depression and anxiety is, so to achieve what you have done is amazing my dear
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!