Do you remember your first workout program?

Options
2»

Replies

• WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I asked for this for Christmas when I was 10.

fitness.jpg

That is AWESOME
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sports Illustrated wourkout set of 3 DVDs with Elle McPhereson, Cheryl Teigs and Rachel Hunter!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Started doing Denise Austin's PBS aerobics show every day when I was about 12 or 13. She taught me a lot. Still love her. :)
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Cher VHS. step aerobics. oh boy that was a long time ago..
  • onewithwings
    Options
    Jane Fonda workout cassette tapes and book! :noway:
  • nomoreplaying
    Options
    Jane Fonda workouts are young compared to my first workout place. It was called Living Well Lady, no men allowed. We wore those crazy looking one-piece things that look like a baby's one-sie, the way they were made, full cut, actually made us look fatter. But i was skinny, had gone from 108 to 132 and i thought i was fat. i'd kiss the ground right now to weigh 180.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda....the aerobic workouts!! ON VHS!!! LOL
    "...grapevine...and take it to the back.....in place....5-6-7-8..." Bahahaha!!! (but I lost 25 lbs!!l...I should dust that off!! LOL)
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Jane Fonda........oh dear, definitely showing my age!

ha, ha....me too. i was sixteen and i didnt have a leotard so i wore a swimsuit with tights under and legwarmers so i could look like her...lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda was a classic.........................and Cindy Crawford even had a video out with HORRIBLE form on many of the exercises she did!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It was a country line dancing aerobics video when I was about 15. LOL Full of Yee-haws and grapvines, if I remember right.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks original VHS Taebo series. Think I was 14. Just bough some of his newer DVD's a few days ago and am already impressed with my muscles and over all muscle soreness. I can run 10 miles like it's nothing but I can barely make it through a 60 minut Taebo DVD. LOL!

TaeBo!! I pretty much memorized my VHS copy in high school. I also made illegal copies for my friends by rigging up another VHS player to my TV, so pro.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    for some reason at almost 300 pounds, and barely fit at all... i thought i could do billy's boot camp DVDs without issue.
    HA! i'm still working my way up to those so they aren't a waste of money. i think i got them almost 8 years ago.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Mine was a Kathy Smith tape. I think I was 11 or 12 so that would have been in the late 80s.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I came home from school at 15 to find a weight set in my room. My hockey coach had told my parents to get it for me. I was kind of crushed but I pulled out the manual and followed the routines. I've worked out ever since.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really a program as much as it was ****ing around with this multi-station cable machine my mom had bought when I was about 9-10 years old.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Wasn't really a program as much as it was ****ing around with this multi-station cable machine my mom had bought when I was about 9-10 years old.
    Wait I totally remember my mom by the first version of the Total Gym (wasn't called that back then) and remember using it as a slide.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition