All the single ladies!

Options
How much do all of you spend on groceries, just for you, a month?

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Weekly about 20-50$ sooooooo appx. 80-200$ a month...But on average for me is like 150$ possibly :/
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    ditto!! about $150
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    All the men are going to come storming in here to see what's going on :P
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I just started singing..."if you like then you shoulda put ring on it..." Anyways...I spend about $200-$250 on avergage.
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm in California, so things are a bit more expensive, I think -- a gallon of milk is five dollars, for example. I think I spend about 50 to 60 a week on food, so about 200 - 250 / month?
  • J3SSP3NNY
    J3SSP3NNY Posts: 235
    Options
    Awesome. Looking to go out completely on my own and I'm looking to see about how much I'd be spending total in a month. Thanks girls.

BTW I live in Texas if any Texas ladies stumble on this.

AND YES THEY BETTER PUT A RING ON IT IF THEY LIKE IT! ;)
  • LC128
    LC128 Posts: 7
    Options
    Probably $100-150.. I like to buy foods I can use with other things so Im not going to the store so often.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have been bad at budgeting lately, but I never spend more than $30 at the store and go shopping 4-6x a month. so around $150 sounds about right. Maybe less.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Looking to go out completely on my own and I'm looking to see about how much I'd be spending total in a month. Thanks girls.

BTW I live in Texas if any Texas ladies stumble on this.

AND YES THEY BETTER PUT A RING ON IT IF THEY LIKE IT! ;)

It will be more at first. I already have all the basics like flour, sugar, spices, rice, pasta etc. Getting all that stuff will take more money.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sucks, about $200 per month, sometimes 220. I always get sales, and I noticed eating healthy costs more, but, in the end you wil
    save money on medicals bills when you are healthier.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so glad too see i'm not the only one spending between $200-$300 a month. i eat a lot of meat, fish eggs and produce. unfortunately that's stuff i never see coupons for :frown:

same with spices. i found an awesome spice shop near me and they have delicious stuff but that stuff isnt cheap either.

i guess as long as i'm broke i might as well look good while doing it :laugh:
  • lissymae11
    Options
    Generally the same as everyone's been saying... $150 to $200. It's gone up though since I started eating healthy. Fruits and veggies are so expensive!
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    I moved in with my brother and his girlfriend a little while ago (BAD idea) and so I have a lot of that little stuff that you buy that first time you move out.

Just kinda wanna estimate how much I would be spending a month.
  • onewithwings
    Options

About $100. Honestly, fuel for my car to get to work costs my twice as much. Kinda sad isn't it? :mad:
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    The price of gas is TERRIBLE! :(
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options

Is that JUST food or in general?

My last shopping, including cleaning products and cat food was about 50.

I don't shop regularly any more, so my best guesstimate would be about 50 a month for food that I, personally, would consume. That said though, I buy in bulk so my 4 cans of tomatoes might actually LAST 8 weeks or more. I also buy sides of goat which lasts me months.

Ugh, this isn't easy to guesstimate!!