PROTEIN

Options
How much protein do I need to eat daily in grams? Likewise, carbs?

Replies

• dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    depends on a bunch of factors: weight, fitness program , and your goal.
  • tyrog11
    tyrog11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The number I have learned to go by is 1 gram for every 2 pounds of body weight. So a 150 lb person should consume 75 grams of protein per day. Carbs would be debatable and you will get plenty of wildly varying advice on here for that one. IMO, it depends on what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to lose or maintain or gain? Are you exercising, and if so, what type? These are important factors so when everyone starts telling you "NO CARBS" or "CARBS ARE GREAT", know that it depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I suppose the same can be said about Protein if you are trying to build muscle, you can up your protein. You just need to make sure you are keeping plenty of fluids flowing as protein can cause some problems if you don't drink enough water.
  • tyrog11
    Options
    depends on a bunch of factors: weight, fitness program , and your goal.

^^^^Bump
  • tyrog11
    Options
    I just noticed you are diabetic...you should probably consult your doctor. I have seen people beat diabetes with the proper diet. As Hypocrites said, "let food be they medicine". I beat HBP (175/145 at the highest) with food. Good Luck!!
  • KAZGAFFNEY
    KAZGAFFNEY Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the replies. I think I've got the idea now after doing a bit more searching.