Good Low Carb Dinner Options

Options
Casi23
Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
Good evening! So I changed my protein/card/fat ratio to 50/30/20and because of my poor choices for breakfast and lunch, I am stuck now at the end of the day.

I went over on my carbs so I need a good high protein low carb idea for dinner...

Any suggestions?!?!

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    You could eat lots of chicken? No carbs there.. :) I have no clue about the low carb stuff, but I do know that chicken has no carbs.
  • stephanie77502
    Options
    What type of low carb diet are you doing and how many grams of carbs and proteins, and calories are you allowed per day. How well has it worked for you?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You can go with any meat - cheese - egg dish with little or no veggies -
    maybe an omelette or just grilled meat....
    deviled eggs for snacks...
    :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad w/ chicken breast (or tuna), boiled egg, and a vinaigrette dressing.

Frittata or omelet would be good too (spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes w/ 1/2 c. eggbeaters or egg) and sprinkled w/ cheese. Yum!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Good evening! So I changed my protein/card/fat ratio to 50/30/20and because of my poor choices for breakfast and lunch, I am stuck now at the end of the day.

I went over on my carbs so I need a good high protein low carb idea for dinner...

Any suggestions?!?!

protein source and green leafy veggies of some type. Very filling.

May I ask why your fat is so low?
  • mtcountrygal
    Options
    I love low carb pizzas!!! I use the Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas (i never use anything but, they are amazing!!!) with a little spaghetti/pizza sauce and layer on the toppings. Can be cheese, grilled chicken, ground turkey and all the veggies it can hold! I stick it in the oven until the cheese is cooked and enjoy!!!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm just following the suggested diet with P90X...

I'm not sticking to it exactly. I seem to go over on my carbs almost everyday...but I'm also doing about 30-45 of cardio (cycling or elliptical) in addition to the p90X routine, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Thanks for the ideas everyone - Eggs are pure genious. I always have them on hand, but never think to use them at night. I came up with a turkey burger - home made, seasoned with some whostersure (spell...?) sauce, chopped onion, garlic and a little ground pepper. Topped it with reduced fat sharp chedder and a Tbsp of low fat mayo and ketchup. It was delish...

Next time: Eggs for sure!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I like chicken breast, salad, veggie for dinner. Or an omelette, or fried eggs (use Pam) and gimme lean sausage, or shrimp scampi and a green salad.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to cook it but maybe a stir fry? Lots of veggies and your choice of meat/seafood.
  • kerry1968
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad with a multi grain roll (small)!
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I made pureed cauliflower(mock mashed potatoes) and lemon chicken breast stuffed with feta and sun dried tomatoes! SO yummy and South Beach diet friendly!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I would just change the ratio. That would be a win-win scenario--easy, too.
  • Angel31
    Angel31 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I would just change the ratio. That would be a win-win scenario--easy, too.

Indeed. Protein is expensive and a poor source of energy in comparison to fat or carbohydrates. It's not easily broken down nor does it yield much energy once it is. There's no need to take in 50% of your calories from protein.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon or fried in olive oil and garlic. Asparagus or broccoli and a small salad. Remember if you are doing a low carb diet you are counting net carbs....carbs minus fiber. That is probably an oversimplification of net carbs but it is the easiest way I know.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Look around here:

http://lowcarb.betterrecipes.com/
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
    You might find something to jazz up your meals.
    :flowerforyou:
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    I love low carb pizzas!!! I use the Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat Tortillas (i never use anything but, they are amazing!!!) with a little spaghetti/pizza sauce and layer on the toppings. Can be cheese, grilled chicken, ground turkey and all the veggies it can hold! I stick it in the oven until the cheese is cooked and enjoy!!!

that sounds great, totally going to try it