Bay to Breakers!

Options
A group of us have signed up for Bay to Breakers in San Francisco this year. I will not be up to running it yet but hope to walk it in less than 2 hours. It is 12K, I am really excited to be doing it. Is anyone else going? Are you running? Walking? Just watching the show? Taking my camera, its supposed to be so much fun.

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Late but here. Hope it goes well for you.
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    Thanks! I am thinking it will be so much fun! I am just starting the C25k program and am hoping that by August I will be able to actually run the Color Run in Sacramento!
  • Cortland
    Cortland Posts: 2
    Options
    I think I'm gonna have to make my first ever forum post just for this one.
    I'll be there! I walked it in an hour and fifty minutes last year, and I'm hoping to do better this time.

You planning to go in costume?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I am doing the SF Color Run!! & I might also do Bay to Breakers if I can work out my schedule! Good luck!
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    I think I'm gonna have to make my first ever forum post just for this one.
    I'll be there! I walked it in an hour and fifty minutes last year, and I'm hoping to do better this time.

You planning to go in costume?

No costume would have no clue how to dress or what to wear! Maybe next year. Did you wear a costume?

I am sure you can beat your time! Good luck! Have a great time.

Question for you, do people really run it nude?? LOL
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    I am doing the SF Color Run!! & I might also do Bay to Breakers if I can work out my schedule! Good luck!

Thanks! I thought about the SF Color Run but since I am doing Bay to Breakers I decided it would be more fun to go to Sac. Both are about 8 hour drives for me. Extra plus is I have family in Sac!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'll be there and running it. It's rounding out my race distances. I have a 5-K, 7-K, 10-K, and Half Marathon under my belt already, so the Bay to Breakers will be my 12-K. Plus it just happens to be one of the most famous races in the US and a darn good time waiting to be had, so I had to go for it. :)
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    Good luck! I hope you have a ball!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think i'll go to cheer people on. i missed last year's.

i'm also doing the color run
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YES! I'll be there to run/walk it with a friend. I finished the C25K and just started Bridge to 10K, so hope to run most of it. Plus, it will be the first time that I won't be drunk/drinking during the race :) Oh yeah, there are lots of naked runners!

I am on the waiting list for the Color Run in SF (*crosses fingers that they open more spaces*), and registered for Color Me Rad in San Jose!
  • mccarol1956
    Options
    I think it is awesome that so many from here are going! I t does not matter walking or running it is completing it! Oh and seeing all the goings on! LOL
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    YES! I'll be there to run/walk it with a friend. I finished the C25K and just started Bridge to 10K, so hope to run most of it. Plus, it will be the first time that I won't be drunk/drinking during the race :) Oh yeah, there are lots of naked runners!

I am on the waiting list for the Color Run in SF (*crosses fingers that they open more spaces*), and registered for Color Me Rad in San Jose!

I was thinking about doing the Color Me Rad in San Jose, too!
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'll be run-walking it with some friends from Sunnyvale. I can do a 5k-ish distance alright but I'm pretty sure a 12k would kill me if I tried to run the entire thing.

My friends, however, run half marathons regularly so they'll leave me in their dust.
  • Cortland
    Cortland Posts: 2
    Options

They do.
    Well, generally, nude except for running shoes, but yes.

I have no plans to ever run the race in that manner.
  • mccarol1956
    Options

They do.
    Well, generally, nude except for running shoes, but yes.

I have no plans to ever run the race in that manner.

Guess the camera is a must then! Tee Hee Hee!