Diabetics on MFP

Options
Hi I'm a type 1 diabetic and have been using MFP for last couple of months, been pretty successful so far and just wanted to see how other people are doing and if it's making any changes to their overall health :)

Replies

• jcgrant43
    jcgrant43 Posts: 64
    Options
    Me too. Type 1 and I've been using the site for a couple of months. The database of food has really helped me to tighten up control through carb counting. I've also used it to reduce my carbs down to around 30 to 35 % of daily intake and reduce the amount of insulin I take. I'll be interested to see what my A1C is after three months.
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm type 2 and since I've started using MFP, I too have dropped my carbs.

I've also noticed that since I've been on here and been tracking that I don't seem to have my 'down lulls' in energy anymore, especially after lunch.

Not had my HBA1c done for a while and need to get a check up anyway so it will be interesting when I do as to where I am.

I've dropped nearly a stone in 6 weeks so I'm sure that that will be a contributing factor as well!
  • cjbennett2012
    cjbennett2012 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's really great guys :) nice that 1 little app can help so much in keeping track of what you do, i was never very good at tailoring a diet around fitness, think i ate more initially in fear of having a string of hypos but all that happened was weight gain, on here though i can monitor everything easily and it's really nice to see other diabetics benefiting from this site too :) got my yearly check next month and though my average is good they asked me to lose weight, apparently long lasting insulin can contribute to weight gain? i never knew this in 10 years but thats what they told me, great to get more active and motivated