Picture of your tattoo(s)

Options

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    So I have a few, most of which are in process....my shoulder pieces will eventually be half sleeves.... my foot is still unfinished....and I mayyyyy end up doing some more with my hip and thigh. We will see. I love knowing the right people; homie hookups are where it's AT! :happy:
    I also apparently have a thing for birds I was unaware of until they started appearing on my body. In fact, sleeves will consist of the sparrows I already have, plus a peacock with a pocket watch and snowy barn owl with a compass.
    Yes, they have meaning. Except, really, the zombiefied My Little Pony. ::squee::

Spring3.jpg
    Fall2.jpg
    Photo0545.jpg
    Photo0762_001.jpg
    Photo0662.jpg

rad foot flower .... im gonna get the top of my foot done around memorial day being ill be off work for a week ..... and im dreading the pain
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

307658_10150773544580578_733180577_20431036_3120295_n.jpg

This one is beautiful.... the tattoo AND the pic. I'm a photographer :laugh:
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    good god, people! How the hell did this turn into a conversation about feminism!?!?!!?

MFP forums are probably the last place one would want to try to have a healthy intellectual debate....

But I can't help myself.

I can't stand the way people lump "feminists" together. As if we are all the same.
    Second, I can't stand the assumption that because a man has more physical strength than a woman, that this is the logical basis of partiarchy. I really don't think it is. We don't live like wild animals out alone in the world, each person for themselves. There are larger societal reasons why we live in a patriarchal society. We used to have goddess based pagan religions and if you look at the evolution of religion you can see the baby steps from a matrilineal/matriarchal society to a patrilineal/patriarchal society. Personally, I think the big switch happened when we realized that women didn't spontaneously give birth on their own.... if you want a book that will explain better what I'm talking about, read The Chalice and The Blade.

Ok. Second, I had a serious cringe reaction to the lady saying stuff about believing women should be submissive and take care of her man, etc. But I've taken a step back, reconsidered, and now I'd like to respond. First, i realized my reaction was based on some incredibly pathetic women I have come across who "take care of their man" and are submissive and the men are complete and utter jerks. In fact, I have seen a number of male serial abusers go not very long on their own becuase there is always some dumb lady with low self esteem just waiting to have him scoop her up, treat her like dirt, and spit her out. I say of these women "some women are content to be doormats."

But i also recognize, after I get over my knee jerk reaciton, that this person on MFP might actually have a really good partner. And she might just be sayign she prefers this roll. In which case, I got NO PROBLEM with that. That is NOT being a doormat. The larger context is, thanks to FEMINISTS, she can wear pants, she can get a job, get credit, own her own car, vote for president, and choose to live how she wants. And In my opinion, feminism isn't about saying ALL WOMEN should have a job/own a house/be self sufficient. Feminism is about having a society where women can each make their own choices about their lives. My sister once blamed feminism for the fact that she had to work and raise kids. My response was that feminism was never after teh mission of eliminating a woman's choice about how to live her life.....

but I guess just personally, going back to the doormat women, I don't know how much they are making choices so much as repeating pattersn of abuse which i think is a problem for women in general because the men who find happy littel doormats begin to expect htat all women be happy being a doormat.

I bet there are at least as many men who are 'doormats'
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    I have 7 atm. This is my favourite so far.
    7749886_7336.jpg
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have 9, getting 3 more shortly....

RightShoulder.jpg
    My first one - done at Miami Ink in 2007 ("M" for Scorpio & Dragon is my Chinese birth year)

KanjiandBDay.jpg
    My brother & my Chinese zodiacs & my birthday

LeftFoot.jpg
    I've since had 2 stars added to this one, and my foot is all puffy because I JUST had it inked

PawPrint.jpg
    Inside my wrist, need to get this one touched up since the red around it has faded

LeftShoulder.jpg
    Scorpion, Snake and Lily (Scorpio, Snake is my Native American birth year)

Lily.jpg
    Inside my right calf - Fave flower

Roch.jpg
    In memory of my Boxer, Roch, who passed away

Ankh.jpg
    Ankh
  • MamaVeronicaWorksOut
    MamaVeronicaWorksOut Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo: A Taurus symbol. (My birthday, duh.)

taurus.jpg

Celtic symbol for Sisterhood. (I have two sisters, and we all have the same tattoo on the same spot.)

sisterhood.jpg

No meaning behind this one! It was spur of the moment and all free hand. I love it. :)

shoulder.jpg

Plans for many, many more in the future..
  • BigAardvaark
    Options
    Here are mine;

Because I haven't got any and never will have!
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Super old picture of me and my tatoo!

2416_130561355316_683365316_5994243_9777_n.jpg
  • alluvion
    alluvion Posts: 28
    Options
    2cdalmr.jpg

that is so cool!

By far best I've seen on this awful thread lol, would love to know who the artist was? Nice work here.

I have the Louis Vuitton (LV) logo on the outter side of my left palm.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I only have one at the moment but am going to get a few more now that I have reached my goal :)

[img][/img]7070232775_89684c08fa_z.jpg
    12.4.12 cc by alan.paterson20, on Flickr
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I got mine at the beginning of March and I love it. It symbolizes my children......the blue for my son, the pink/purple for my daughter and the green one for my angel baby. It took me forever to decide on a design and my artist designed this herself.....she did 2 pics and I told her how I would like them combined and this was the final product!!! It was absolutely perfect and I'm so glad I waited (I'm 36). My next one will be of a cross on my ankle with flowers wrapping around it and going down my foot......trying to figure out when I'll get it done and the figure out who I want to design and do it!!!

Newtattoo-1.jpg
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    <---- My wife's name, a tribal Libra sign, a death of superman emblem and a cheetah clawing out of my chest lol.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    401103_10151198422960290_682710289_22838211_1807062009_n.jpg

JLF_8773-Version2.jpg

JLF_8772-Version2.jpg

JLF_8770-Version2.jpg

JLF_8769-Version21.jpg

JLF_8766-Version2.jpg

JLF_8822-Version2.jpg
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    This is Teddy Lostizfelt...he represents my lost childhood.

ZiggyNCisco008.jpg

I love him so much, I even wrote a poem about his awesomeness. You can read it here:

http://tattookitty.hubpages.com/hub/Teddy-Lostizfelt
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    good god, people! How the hell did this turn into a conversation about feminism!?!?!!?

MFP forums are probably the last place one would want to try to have a healthy intellectual debate....

But I can't help myself.

I can't stand the way people lump "feminists" together. As if we are all the same.
    Second, I can't stand the assumption that because a man has more physical strength than a woman, that this is the logical basis of partiarchy. I really don't think it is. We don't live like wild animals out alone in the world, each person for themselves. There are larger societal reasons why we live in a patriarchal society. We used to have goddess based pagan religions and if you look at the evolution of religion you can see the baby steps from a matrilineal/matriarchal society to a patrilineal/patriarchal society. Personally, I think the big switch happened when we realized that women didn't spontaneously give birth on their own.... if you want a book that will explain better what I'm talking about, read The Chalice and The Blade.

Ok. Second, I had a serious cringe reaction to the lady saying stuff about believing women should be submissive and take care of her man, etc. But I've taken a step back, reconsidered, and now I'd like to respond. First, i realized my reaction was based on some incredibly pathetic women I have come across who "take care of their man" and are submissive and the men are complete and utter jerks. In fact, I have seen a number of male serial abusers go not very long on their own becuase there is always some dumb lady with low self esteem just waiting to have him scoop her up, treat her like dirt, and spit her out. I say of these women "some women are content to be doormats."

But i also recognize, after I get over my knee jerk reaciton, that this person on MFP might actually have a really good partner. And she might just be sayign she prefers this roll. In which case, I got NO PROBLEM with that. That is NOT being a doormat. The larger context is, thanks to FEMINISTS, she can wear pants, she can get a job, get credit, own her own car, vote for president, and choose to live how she wants. And In my opinion, feminism isn't about saying ALL WOMEN should have a job/own a house/be self sufficient. Feminism is about having a society where women can each make their own choices about their lives. My sister once blamed feminism for the fact that she had to work and raise kids. My response was that feminism was never after teh mission of eliminating a woman's choice about how to live her life.....

but I guess just personally, going back to the doormat women, I don't know how much they are making choices so much as repeating pattersn of abuse which i think is a problem for women in general because the men who find happy littel doormats begin to expect htat all women be happy being a doormat.

I bet there are at least as many men who are 'doormats'

I used to work at a high class jewellers. I was talking to this lady who was with her fiance who was choosing out an engement ring. Being in that industry you have to be nice and act like thier friend so i asked them questions about how they got engaged ect. here was her reply.

"my best friend got engaged, and she got given a 2 1/2 carat ring by her fiance, so i told my BF, "we are getting married and i want a 3carat ring""

my eyes nearly popped out of my head....... i didint mind, i got commision of a $7000 ring.. score!
    ETA tried to upload image.... didint work due to being to big... eh
  • sweetbeckymarie
    Options
    This is my favorite tattoo that I am most proud of the way it turned out:
    IMAG0523.jpg
    Based off of lyrics from the song Slow Show by the National.
    Grr none of my pictures want to size correctly.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    mine is my profil pic now <--- cute lil foxy... cause i wanted it, small, not going to fade and smear, first and probably last. thaose ankle tendons HURT!
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I got mine at the beginning of March and I love it. It symbolizes my children......the blue for my son, the pink/purple for my daughter and the green one for my angel baby. It took me forever to decide on a design and my artist designed this herself.....she did 2 pics and I told her how I would like them combined and this was the final product!!! It was absolutely perfect and I'm so glad I waited (I'm 36). My next one will be of a cross on my ankle with flowers wrapping around it and going down my foot......trying to figure out when I'll get it done and the figure out who I want to design and do it!!!

Newtattoo-1.jpg

this is lovely and i hope to get a tattoo for my children whenever i have them :)