I had TWO Huge milestones this week!

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
it has been a very emotional week for me. First on WED I RAN two miles! that was a huge thing for me, it was slow going, but I did it, And did it again today, cutting about a min off my time.
And then this week, while I was shopping for new bras and back to school clothes for my kids, I tried on some clothes, "just to see" and for the first time in about 12 years, I by passed the plus size section and tried on MISSES size 16 jeans, and EVERY ONE FIT! I was thrilled, I even opened the dressing room door to see if anyone was there so I could let out a WHOO HOOO, but I was alone, lol. and I did it again at old navy, size 16, and they are not even tight, even a little loose in some places...

I have been amazed with myself this week, with all I have done, it is very emotional when I really take some time to think a bout it...
Just had to share with you guys, knowing you would know how I feel.

Tami

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Way to go ma Big Ups To You:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    Congrats! you're doing amazing :)
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It feels so good to get to a milestone like this. I am thrilled for you. Someone who hasn't experianced the pain of shopping for clothes that don't fit just don't know what it is like.

Congratulations on all you have achieved. It will get even better from here.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Oohh:) Congrats!!!:flowerforyou: I was at the mall today and it made me even more motivated to lose this weight!!!...I can't weight to buy a new skinny wardrobe!!!!:drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!!!!!!!
    Good job!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I'm sure that felt great.
    I, too went back to school shopping & found that all the sale clothes with the best prices were too big.
    ppppbbbbbbbttttttt
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • michellem81
    Options
    :smile: Congrats on the awesome milestones this week. Your hard work is paying off!!! You're a great inspiration!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
    255138.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • missbabybee
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I look forward to that day....:flowerforyou:
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Outstanding Tami!!!
    Keep it up. I can imagine how much better you feel - inside and out!
  • justmegan
    Options
    HOLY MONKEY! CONGRATS! What an inspiration! Thank you for your post!
    Here's to you! :drinker: :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration! Did you look around to see if the fashion police were gonna come and direct you to the plus size section. It is a great feeling. Did you hear the chariots of fire theme when you finished the two miles.:laugh:

Well rejoice because you are fit, fine and fabulous.:flowerforyou:
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is so amazing! Congratulations!
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I am amazed at you, and so incredibly proud of you. Your hard work is showing, and that glow came right through your post!!! I hope you BOUGHT one of those pairs of jeans you tried on!!! Wear them PROUD!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!