New and looking for friends!

Options
I recently joined the site, if anyone is interested in becoming friends on here for support and a chat then that would be really great! I am roughly 153lb which is the heaviest I've ever been and I'm looking to lose 27lb by August.

Replies

• gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    I would love to be your MFP friend. I'm sending you a friend request. Keep in touch! :)
  • pinkpaperhearts
    Options
    Thanks gatorgirlyyy! That means alot :) Will keep in touch!
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, you are welcome to add me im looking to loose two stone! not feeling very motivatated today though ha but im working on it.. need to get my *kitten* into gear:wink: . xxxx
  • pinkpaperhearts
    Options
    I know what you mean, my arms are aching so much from the gym but I guess no pain, no gain ey? :laugh:
    Will send a request now :)
  • msgsarah
    msgsarah Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!

I've sent you a friend request. I think we could all do with all the support we can get! I'm trying to get back on track after a long period of not watching what I was eating at all!

Plus its always good to know UK people, as there are a lot of Americans on here and the food etc is not quite the same!

I'm in Nottingham, so not too far away!

We can all do this together :)
  • loloambush
    Options
    I'll send you a fr right away :)
  • pinkpaperhearts
    Options
    Thanks loloambush :)

msgsarah, yeah you aren't too far away! I have been struggling with the measurements for some foods (cup and container) but hopefully I'll catch on to it :) I've only just started at the gym, I felt like the more I put it off the bigger and bigger I would get and the harder it would be for me to lose weight so I had to push myself to start now! We are all in the same boat so it's nice to do this with others because the support really makes a difference.
  • mcmbesada
    mcmbesada Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to the site. I joined it because some of my friends did. I use to participate in another site similar to this one, but myfitnesspal is most more friendly to use. I started having real weigh problems in 2006 when I stopped smoking and and enjoying live a little more. After two years of dieting I lost 40 pounds, which I gained all back since June, once I put my guard down. I am having problems losing this time. It has been 10 days that I have not dropped one pound. I fell better since I cut the carbs, but my friends say that my problem is that I don't eat enough. See, I am old fashion. You eat, you gain weight, you diet, you loose. I am 183.2 for the last 10 days, and I have been exercising (cardio only). I will not give up. I have a graduation to go in June, and I will visit my family in July. Last June I was 150. I would like to get close to this number by them. I said "close to", but if I am not dropping even one pound a week, I am in trouble. My diet in the past has been: no carbs, no sugar and exercise. I guess I just have have to eat a little more, but it is hard for me to see that I ate more than 1200 cal a day and expect to loose weight. I will keep trying. Have a wonderful day.
  • MrVixen84
    MrVixen84 Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone!). I'm looking to add to my already lovely network of friends on here, the more the more motivation! :-)

UK here, always great to have other Europeans added that sleep the same hours as me!
  • Superstar_81
    Superstar_81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I joined MFP about 2-3 months ago, just using it for the logging at first but then made some supportive friends- what a difference lol! (Especially to my motivation, which usually needs a kickstart haha) I'll send you a wee request, we can definately do this!
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Friend request sent.

We can do this.
  • Muttick
    Muttick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

Feel free to add me, I am new to this and really need to get my brain in gear and lose the weight. I'm 161lb and wish to be 140lb.

I'm Nottingham too.

Maria xx
  • Marbles2003
    Marbles2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If its okay, would like to add myself to the 'new friends'! Just need to lose a couple of stone before my holidays so i dont spend my time hiding indoors! Started walking to get around not being able to afford gym fees and definately struggling with the whole 1200 calories. There is a birthday boy at work who has bought in cakes - help! :laugh:
  • mgarza1980
    Options
    Always willing to offer support. Feel free to add me!
  • erinpumpkin13
    erinpumpkin13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I joined over a year ago, but pretty much gave up after a few months, I'm back on and hoping to stick to it this time - so I need supportive friends to keep me motivated - any friend requests will be accepted! :)
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm here also....
  • michelleedgett
    Options
    Same here, looking for some girl support! Mom of 3 , 30yrs old 6', 180 looking to get to 160!
  • Dremak1
    Dremak1 Posts: 18
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request!!:happy:
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm been on the site for about a month but haven't requested any friends either. Welcome and friend request is on the way.
  • ejw7390
    ejw7390 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello, I am new to the site. I joined it because some of my friends did. I use to participate in another site similar to this one, but myfitnesspal is most more friendly to use. I started having real weigh problems in 2006 when I stopped smoking and and enjoying live a little more. After two years of dieting I lost 40 pounds, which I gained all back since June, once I put my guard down. I am having problems losing this time. It has been 10 days that I have not dropped one pound. I fell better since I cut the carbs, but my friends say that my problem is that I don't eat enough. See, I am old fashion. You eat, you gain weight, you diet, you loose. I am 183.2 for the last 10 days, and I have been exercising (cardio only). I will not give up. I have a graduation to go in June, and I will visit my family in July. Last June I was 150. I would like to get close to this number by them. I said "close to", but if I am not dropping even one pound a week, I am in trouble. My diet in the past has been: no carbs, no sugar and exercise. I guess I just have have to eat a little more, but it is hard for me to see that I ate more than 1200 cal a day and expect to loose weight. I will keep trying. Have a wonderful day.

your story sounds familiar. I seem to have the same problem. I have no troubles dropping the carbs and sugar from my diet (although I need to ramp up my exercise) but yet I struggle to drop pounds or inches. I guess it is also time to drop red meat and go to all lean proteins for me......