Hello, am new here..

I first registerd with MyFitnessPal 11 months ago, but did absolutely nothing with it. I was too busy putting on more weight...

Three years ago I had 8 stones to lose. I managed to lose 5 by calorie counting and extra exercise. I kept a record in an old school exercise book...
I hit a bit of an emotional roug patch and stopped dieting resulting in regaining over 3 stones.

So here I am, I still have 5 stones to lose. I am 6ft 1 tall but that is no excuse, fact is I am obese.

So I have dusted off my membership, filled in today's food and am rearing to go.

Let's hope I can get back to losing weight. :smile:

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Welcome back! I think I'd be so much less motivated without this site.
  • petd
    petd Posts: 9
    Thank you. :smile: Someone told me the logging of food becomes slightly addictive. But that is good if it means I stick with the dieting!!
  • I find adding friends and seeing their workouts in my news feed motivates me each day to log my food, get moving and to not give up.
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Welcome back and good luck with your goals.
    Not sure I'd have come this far without MFP and friends.
    Been back on here for 80 days lost 12lb and still not given up. Ups and downs, I won't lie, but glad I found the site.
    The news feed is so motivating for me, good and bad. Happy for more adds too ;-)
    X
  • Hi

I'm new too :)

I've a newborn baby and haven't shifted the baby weight from my 3 year old.... My aim is to lose about 3 stone (2 stone 13 to be precise).

I joined yesterday and input all my details and told MFP that I wanted to lose 2 lb per week. It then said I should be on 1200 calories, and to expect to lose 1.2lb per week. Why did it not adjust my calories so I can lose 2lb per week? Is 1200 some kind of minimum?

Also, I'm breastfeeding (exclusively) my newborn, so am allowed another 500 calories per day. This seems like loads, and whilst I don't want to jeopardise my milk supply, I'm a bit worried I won't lose weight on 1700 calories a day. Time will tell, I suppose!

How long to you reckon it will take me to lose 2stone 13 (or 41lbs)?
    Averaging a 2lb loss per week = 20 weeks = end of August
    Averaging a 1.5lb loss per week = 27 weeks = late October
    Averaging a 1lb loss per week = 41 weeks = end of January

Again, only time will tell! (Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but at least I can dream about a 'thin' Christmas)
    If I could consistently lose 2lb per week, it would take 20 weeks (ie end of August), which would be amazing! I suspect a consistent 2lb per week is a bit over ambitions, so if I lost 1.5lb per week it would take 27 weeks (end of October).