Anyone on the Medifast program?

Options
Kelleyrh5
Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
So I am starting my first week with the Medifast program and on day 4 and boy has it been a struggle! LOL But, i am determined to go the distance. If you are on this program what has it done for you and give me your suggestions please! :wink:

Replies

• AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend that did it and when she stopped, she slowly put all the weight back on.
    Maybe you won't, but programs like those are usually not for long term use unless you are going to continue to pay for it.
    Good luck!
    (BTW, I am not by any means trying to come across as rude or anything like that. I am just sharing what I saw.)
  • Kelleyrh5
    Options
    Oh no problem! Thanks!
  • almatara
    almatara Posts: 1
    Options
    was on medifast last year for 3 months, you must follow the plan, i lost 40 lbs. after 2nd week it's easy. have to change how much and what you eat.....no more junk food !!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • kathleenmattox
    kathleenmattox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on it now, I have lost 27 lbs in 5 weeks, So far I love it. The issue will be transition. I do have a free health coach that is great and am working on the why of my weight issues so I can keep it off once I hit goal. I think it is just like any weight loss, losing the weight is only the first step in the battle and if you stop there you will gain it all back.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I did it with some moderate success before. Chew gum…it helps with the bad breath that some people get with the ketosis effect.
  • Kelleyrh5
    Options
    Thanks everyone! But, i have to admitt I did not last long. This was just not for me, but.... best of luck to you all who love it! :flowerforyou:
  • linnre
    linnre Posts: 3
    Options
    I started Medifast the week before Thanksgiving and have been on it almost six months now. I'm less than a pound from my goal and feel great. I lost 5.8 pounds in the 7 months before, trying to count calories. I've lost a little over 40 now since November. I never thought I'd be at this weight! Shopping is fun now. I plan to do transition and maintenance and keep the weight off. I became a health coach with the program. Now I can help others which in turn helps me. I love the program! Easiest diet I have ever been on.
  • SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am looking to connect with others on Medifast, this site is easier to use than the My Medifast site.. It's been about 2.5 months and I close to 30 lbs. gone.. it is a great plan for those who have a lot to lose.. the only that works for me, as a vegetarian .. WW is not working for me now, maybe when I am at goal.. i will go back since I am a lifetime member... Good luck to other MFs out there! If you work it, it works!
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost over 200 lbs using the Medifast products following the advice and guidence of a coach. Make sure that while you are losing, you are also learning how to make the long term changes that are needed to keep the weight off. Check out Dr. Anderson's book The Habits of Health. This is the long term change that you need to make to keep the weight off.

Good Luck!
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend that did it and when she stopped, she slowly put all the weight back on.
    Maybe you won't, but programs like those are usually not for long term use unless you are going to continue to pay for it.
    Good luck!
    (BTW, I am not by any means trying to come across as rude or anything like that. I am just sharing what I saw.)

Ashley, actually, you do not need to stay on the plan after you lose your weight. You just need to learn how to eat healthy as it is with all programs. Even if you focus on MFP, once you hit your weight, if you go back to eating unhealthy, you will put the weight back on. Just wanted to reply, becuase programs like this are very helpful for those of us dealing with food issues, since it takes most of your choices away, it is easy to follow, and under the guideance of a trained coach can produce long term success. So, if anyone is thinking about it, make sure to find a coach to help you.
  • SexyBoomer
    SexyBoomer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I agree with RHSheetz-- People can be on this long term, if they have a lot to lose.. it will take me a year to get to goal..But there is a safe and effective transtion and maintenance program, which I plan on doing with the Medifast Weight loss Center I joined. -- Do your research!
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used Medifast to lose about 40 lbs in the months leading up to my wedding. It does take work to transition off it and not gain it all back. But honestly the diet changed my eating habits so much that I can't eat much in one sitting anymore. So I still try to stick with the 5 meals and one "lean and green" it's just my food instead. And a bit more calories of course.