What is The 30 day shred?

Options
cr9576
cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
Ive seen that it works for alot of people and i, thinking about spicing up my work out? How does it work like with the levels and stuff? how long are the workouts? is ti like insanity type work outs? do i need any type of equipement?

Thx for awnsering my question

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    20 minutes...its like Insanity. Jillian kicks your *kitten*.

Need weights - 3 or 5 lbs.

Start with level 1, then do 2 and 3 when you are ready.

She suggests doing 2 days of Shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day cardio and a rest day. There are people that do it everyday for 30 days though.
  • mariakhar
    mariakhar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry for stealing your thread, but how do I log the 30ds into the exercise diary? What catagory do people put it in?
  • Sequoia_2
    Sequoia_2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been doing level 1 for about 1 1/2 weeks now. I use 4 lb weights and log it under "Circuit Training". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&feature=youtu.be
  • phosac
    phosac Posts: 1
    Options
    If you haven't got this already then consider getting Ripped in 30. It's very similar to 30DS but has 4 levels so more bang for your buck!
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Log it as circuit training.

If you search in groups there are a few set up with all the info on JM dvds
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    If you haven't got this already then consider getting Ripped in 30. It's very similar to 30DS but has 4 levels so more bang for your buck!
    I prefer RI30 too, much harder :)
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    Log it as circuits but be aware that MFP over-estimates calories burned in its exercise lists. Unless you can afford a Heart Rate Monitor (which I can't!) I'd suggest knocking 5-10% off the number MFP estimates for you for a more accurate burn.

It's better to be under cals than over.

All the best with 30DS - I've tried it a few times and it is a great workout if you can hack it xx
  • mishelley
    mishelley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had been doing low impact workouts for about 3 weeks when I finally decided to try 30DS. I love it! It is definitely a workout but I'm on my 2nd week and I can already tell a difference. I only skipped Sunday. Other than that, I have done it every day. I like that she gives you low impact options on some of the moves. My plan, since I haven't been exercising long, is to do do 6 days a week and do each level for 2 weeks! Can't wait to see my end results!!!
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome Thanx Guys, I think Im gonna go with the ripped in 30