Zumba wont come up in 'exercise'

Options
I'm trying to put 15 minutes of zumba in on the exercise part of this website, can anyone help?

x

Replies

• bluegrasschica
    Options
    I noticed they didn't have it either. So I just put it under areobics, general
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    It's not on the site as an actual workout... I've recently purchased a heart rate monitor so that I could get accurate measurements rather than what I can find when I Google "how many calories does Zumba burn".

There are so many variables when it comes to this number- weight, height, age, body fat %, so on....
    For me, I am 5'6" and 144, and in 55 minutes I burn 394 calories (give or take a few- I don't count the cool down stretch). When I first started Zumba, I was 160 and I was burning around 450. So as I've lost the weight, I am progressively burning less calories as my heart and muscles get stronger.

I would highly recommend a heart rate monitor if you're serious about getting calories precise. It's helped me out a lot. When I was using the numbers I found by Googling it, I was overestimating by almost 100 calories. [And I've read many places that an extra 100 calories a day leads to a 5-10lb weight gain in a year, so that's pretty crappy when you're trying to lose the fat!]

Hope that helps =)
  • taranew21
    taranew21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys! I'll look into investing in a heart rate monitor and for now i'll put it down as aerobics!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I log my Jazzercise under "Slimnastics, Jazzercise" I'm sure Zumba is similar.
    I have a Garmin HRM and Love it.
  • CrazyBullies
    Options
    you can make up your own exercise with it. thats what i had to do. I just made a Wii Zumba Fitness exercise for it because i couldnt find it either.
  • veobrien
    veobrien Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Tesco had some cheap'er' HRMs with chest straps, I saw the other day.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 110 and I LOVE it.

Incidentally, I burned 395 this morning in 50 mins with cooldown, whereas you'll find others posting results way higher so it really is a good idea to get a HRM so you know what YOUR body is doing, as we all differ so much. (I'm 5'1 and weight 136)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    i have a MIO hrm. It's the kind without the chest strap, still accurate. I feel like a chest strap would bug the crap out of me while I'm working out.