Any 5'6 ladies eating 1500cal per day?

Options

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 calorie goal is 1589 but that's maintenance for me. I have reached my goal. I am training for my first half-marathon on June 2nd so I run a lot. I also do circuit training 5 days a week and yoga everyday for 25 min to stretch and build flexibility.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Right now MFP has me set to net 1330 calories, thinking about upping it to 1500. These success stories are making me motivated to make the switch!

There is a group Eat More To Weigh Less, check it out!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure out how much I should eat. After a lot of reading, asking questions, and more reading, for weight loss I need to eat 1717/day. My net sholdn't go below 1500. If I exercise really hard, I'll need to up that even more. There's math involved, figuring out your BF%, BMR, TDEE. But when you get the info, it's very helpful. I'm not guessing anymore. I'm sure I'll have to tweek it here and there, but I'm not blindly trying to figure it out.

Here's 2 places that really helped. Read the first post. It IS really helpful! There is so much out there, it's taking me a bit to figure it all out. Good luck!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    5'6", 136 lbs.
    I eat 1500 plus exercise calories back. Diary open.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    5'6'' I was eating 1450, started New Rules of Lifting and Upped it to 1680, I found that the heavy lifting left me extremely hungry and upped again to 1880 and eat ALL of my exercise calories. I've lost 12 lbs in 12 weeks, 4 inches and 2 pant sizes. (disclaimer: I lost lbs light lifting but I lost inches heavy lifting.)
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2, too! I just joined, so I can't really speak to weight loss yet (the scale is moving, but I'm holding off on updating until I feel sure we're not talking water weight). I eat 1200-1500 per day, roughly, sometimes a bit more or less. I'm mostly listening to my body at this point, taking note of when I feel hungry and grumpy or overfed and sluggish, and tweaking to find the happy medium. My exercise routine is a bit wobbly these days because of end-of-semester work, but in my normal life I try to hit the gym twice a week for 45 minutes (30 cardio, 15 abs and stretching) and supplement with yoga and swing dance classes.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6" but just starting out, thus I have dropped to 1200 cal/day. once I get my cardio going move then 2 days, and begin lifting, I will bump that up to 1400 but with needing to lose 130 lbs, I have found that the low carb high (quality) protein works best for me (talking ten yrs ago -not sure about this time), breaking it into 6-8 small meals a day.

Sure wish you'd reconsider that 1200 calories. IMHO that's too low. You'll lose weight at first but plateau in about six weeks.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Reading through all of these, I agree that each body is different.

I'm 5 ft. 6.5 in. and I stuck with MFPs goals for me to lose 1 lb. a week, which was around 1250 calories per week. I've been with MFP for about 9 weeks and have consistently lost a little under 1 .lb per week...and right now, I'm starting to increase my calorie intake (which scares me to death) slowly as I am very close to my GW and know I need to be up at maintenance mode.

I'm never really hungry. Breakfast and Dinner are my larger meals. I do tend to eat/snack every 2 hours though. I try to do 30 min. of cardio every other day, and a little strength training the other days.

I think it's more of a "to each their own" sort of deal. Once you find that good calorie amount for your body combined with the exercise that you do, I'm sure pounds will just start to melt off :)
  • FrancesOReilly
    FrancesOReilly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly taller at 5'7 and eat 1400 cals per day.. Boldly I don't do much exercise..purely down to being lazy and lose on average .5 to 1lb each week...
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to 1550. I run 4-5 times a week, varying between short and long runs (1.5 to 4 miles). My strength training is usually completed during PT and is things like pushups and i do that a few times a week. Depending on how hard a workout i had determines how much of my calories i eat back. So during the week i net between 1550 and 1800 per day. At first i was losing 2lbs a week and now i am doing 1 per week. I've lost 20 since discovering mfp, 40 since having my second child 8 months ago. I don't know how many inches but my shirts are down from xl to medium and my pants are down from 16 to 10, which are already getting loose again.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Way to go mindidily!
  • sequinedpastie
    sequinedpastie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am at @ 1600/day doing Insanity (and about to bump it up to 1800-2000 kcal/day for month 2 of the program). I'm almost at maintaining, but when I first started MFP, I was trying to lose @ 8 lbs and went NOWHERE eating only 1200kcal/day. I had to bump it up to lose. I know everyone's different, but that's what worked for me! :flowerforyou:

Did you have to bump up your exercise, or your cals to lose?? I'm at 1200 and I just *cannot stay within that*, and work has been so nutty this month that I cannot find time to work out. Failing to meet my calorie limit every day AND failing to lose weight is killing me!
  • Zadranka18
    Zadranka18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are really making me realize that i am not eating enough and that is prob why i am not loosing weight or inches. :( I'm just under 5'7 and i am always under 1200 or just slightly over.. I work out 5 times a week doing cardio... going to start incorporating lifting.... yikes... i really need to revamp my food intake
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was for a several weeks, but my weight hasn't changed but a few ounces in all that time. I am doing a calorie shake up right now, yest. was my pig out day, today is lower and tomorrow lower again. Sat. goes back to pig out. From what I have read (a lot of reading) this is confusing my body and metab. and should let go of some poundage! We'll see about that. I am doing Tabata on Sat. & Wed., Thursday is HIIT on the recumbent bike, other days killing it on my lower than my upper and of course ALWAYS cardio, cardio, cardio.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are really making me realize that i am not eating enough and that is prob why i am not loosing weight or inches. :( I'm just under 5'7 and i am always under 1200 or just slightly over.. I work out 5 times a week doing cardio... going to start incorporating lifting.... yikes... i really need to revamp my food intake

I am also just under 5'7" and I was at 1200 and lost 10 in the very beginning. Then stopped loosing, so upped the cals just a bit, recently up to 1600 and haven't lost anything for 5 weeks. I am staggering my cals right now and still working out hard, although not lifting. Mostly HIIT and Tabata. I also found http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm, I am trying this for the next month or so. We'll see my progress as I continue to post.
  • heatherrose86
    heatherrose86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5'6, lots to lose... I eat between 1600-1800 per day. MFP had me on 1300-1500 and it wasn't doable.

Exercise is walking... lots of walking. Sometimes uphill on uneven terrain, but just walking. Looking for a way to increase this.

I lose about 1.5-2.5 lbs per week. 2.6 the first week I started eating 1800 and I was at 2.5 more lbs this past Sunday morning (the day before my official weigh in day) but easter dinner resulted in a wee bit of water retention so I was only down 1 lb the next day.
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am at @ 1600/day doing Insanity (and about to bump it up to 1800-2000 kcal/day for month 2 of the program). I'm almost at maintaining, but when I first started MFP, I was trying to lose @ 8 lbs and went NOWHERE eating only 1200kcal/day. I had to bump it up to lose. I know everyone's different, but that's what worked for me! :flowerforyou:

Did you have to bump up your exercise, or your cals to lose?? I'm at 1200 and I just *cannot stay within that*, and work has been so nutty this month that I cannot find time to work out. Failing to meet my calorie limit every day AND failing to lose weight is killing me!

I bumped up my calories and actually decreased my exercise (wore out my ankle running too much) and started losing the first week. I had been getting depressed exercising like crazy and not seeing any results! Lol, my body was as stubborn as I was :noway:

Everyone is different, and I definitely had to learn the hard way what people have been saying all along.....listen to your body :drinker:
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Im eating between 1600-2000 calories a day depending if I do 2 workouts. I usually burn between 400-1100 calories again depending if I do 2 workouts. My workouts are Insanity 6 days Boot camp 3 days and running 2 miles on an incline random days. Since I upped my calories from less than 1000 calories using the beachbody calculations Ive been losing about 2 lbs a week. Before I upped them I LOST NOTHING!! Actually gained 2 lbs. Because I wasnt netting enough. If you consume 1000 calories and burn 500 that means you only have 500 calories left for life.. It didnt work for me so Im eating now, I have more energy and the scale is moving in the right direction.:bigsmile:
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I eat right around 1500 to 1600 cals per day. I was not getting enough net calories and I was at a stand still. I actually started eating more so with my exercise I am netting for sure above 1200 but mostly around 1500 or so. When I did that I finally dropped 6 lbs in a couple weeks after staying off the scales. I am new to this so I dont know a ton of what to do and I am still learning but this has worked for me so far. I have 30 more to lose according to the goal I set on here but I want to lose about 50 more and will change my goal after I reach it. I am doing a lot of walking and jogging/a little at a time. I have not had much exercise the last 4 days or so and I am starting it out again tonight!
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I eat right around 1500 to 1600 cals per day. I was not getting enough net calories and I was at a stand still. I actually started eating more so with my exercise I am netting for sure above 1200 but mostly around 1500 or so. When I did that I finally dropped 6 lbs in a couple weeks after staying off the scales. I am new to this so I dont know a ton of what to do and I am still learning but this has worked for me so far. I have 30 more to lose according to the goal I set on here but I want to lose about 50 more and will change my goal after I reach it. I am doing a lot of walking and jogging/a little at a time. I have not had much exercise the last 4 days or so and I am starting it out again tonight!

That sounds about right! Keep up the good work! :wink: