Tuna recipe

Options
Hi all, does anybody have a light tasty tuna salad recipe?

Replies

• caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yep, i mix a tin with chopped spinach, pepper, tomato and onion and add about 50 cals worth of dressing to bind it all together. Nice on a sandwich too.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Use a wedge of laughing cow swiss cheese instead of mayo... I add a little mustard, lemon juice, cracked black pepper and capers too... yum!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I use a small can packed in oil and dump the whole lot of it over some cut up tomatoes...thinly slice some red onion and add a couple kalamata olives, salt and pepper to taste! This is a Portuguese summer dish that I got from the in-laws and just love!!!
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    This is going to be obscure but I thought nothing could replace the goodness of mayo, eggs, etc until I trying putting this mixture called CHOW CHOW (Southern folks like it on their greens, similar to hamburger relish). I use the spicy version and it REALLY gives the tuna a nice kick without lots of sodium or calories, plus youre adding veggies..........
  • Whitney0919
    Whitney0919 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    use low sodium Starkiss tuna and substitute plain Chobani yogurt and a little dijon mustard for mayo. add whatever veggies you would normally put in... onion, celery, etc and eat on lettuce leaves or low carb tortillas instead of regular bread. :smile:
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yep, i mix a tin with chopped spinach, pepper, tomato and onion and add about 50 cals worth of dressing to bind it all together. Nice on a sandwich too.

Wow this sounds really good!! What dressing do you like to use?
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This week I made mine with fresh chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley, fresh chopped basil, cracked pepper, diced red onion, a tablespoon of chopped capers, and some chives. I mixed with a little Hellman's light mayo with olive oil - probably about a tablespoon.

Will have to try the Chow Chow version next week!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Last night--- 1 can low sodium tuna, 1/2 cup Hunt's diced tomatoes Basil and Garlic (no salt added), 1/4 mashed avacado, 1 tsp honey mustard, extra fresh basil and garlic..lol. I spread it on a high fiber wrap and grilled it in the toaster oven. Yummy!
  • jlshaw77
    jlshaw77 Posts: 23
    Options
    I like to mix tuna with hummus