Send hugs.

Options
Is this a place where I can whine? Not about what I can't eat, or the fact that the scale is going UP this week, or how bad my freaking knees hurt (Damn you, Jillian!). But just about the crappiness of life in general....

I lost my job March 1st -- completely unexpected, totally unprepared. Just another victim of the economy.
A few weeks after that, I got a call from a collection agency regarding a debt that my ex-husband was to have taken care of after our divorce. He failed to do that. So, I tapped into my savings and paid the debt. *Believe me, that was far easier than trying to convince him to do it.
I started a new job on April 2nd. All was going well until my son started having some issues with muscle spasms in his neck and headaches (he's only 7). We had to make an emergency trip to the doctor Tuesday morning and I had to call off work. Apparently, calling off during the training period is a deal-breaker. So I find myself unemployed again.
But wait, there's more!!
Last night, I received the dreaded "it's not you, it's me" talk from my boyfriend of 8 months. Seriously? Seriously.

I feel like I've become life's little punching bag. I'm naturally a very optimistic person, but I'm beginning to have a little trouble with seeing the light. I know these aren't the worst things that have ever happened to someone. Things could absolutely be much much worse. I AM grateful for the things I do have.

But I think I'm entitled to a five-minute pity party ....... right?? Love on me, please.

Replies

• Flippiefloppies
    Options
    Eeeeesshhh that really does sounds like a bummer of a time. Sucks and I am sorry to hear it. As far as your son, I am prone to muscle spasms in my neck. I get the so bad they make me drop to my knees and can't move. The only thing I have found that has helped is the Chiropractor. Just incase his is as extreme as mine and they don't seem to know what is causing it.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    *hugs* God that sucks!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am so sorry. It's sounds silly now, but the saying "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger" is really true. Hang in there and feel free to vent anytime you need to. Hugs!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hope things get better for you.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    For all you know, boyfriend of 8 months might have made your life a living hell in the future?

I hope things pick up for your son and you. :flowerforyou:
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • quink77
    quink77 Posts: 91
    Options
    angiemd80, I'll keep that in mind. I've had problems with chronic headaches since high school. I hope I didn't pass that along to him :(
    kapeluza you are so right!! I married my ex-husband after being together six months (ahhh...to be 22 again) We were married 12 years, but only because I was stubborn and didn't want to admit it wasn't working!

I'm going to put Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" on repeat today...

Thank you all for the love!!
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    man, oh, man! You've got it coming in from all sides!

First, I hope your son is doing okay now. Of all the things going on, he's the most important in the long run. Stay on top of that.

Second, I hope you can find a job again very soon. In this market, it'll be tough. But stick with it. It's just like losing weight, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it. So even when you feel like there isn't a job out there, keep looking. It'll come. I don't know how you feel about owning your own business, but for a relatively small investment, you could do Mary Kay, TupperWare, Thirty-One, Avon, BeachBody, Scentsy, Lia Sophia, Pampered Chef. Again, it takes some discipline. But if you're on MFP, you're practicing discipline already.

Lastly, men! Yeah, he picked a great time to bail. (sarcasm) But if he can't hang with you during the tough times, he doesn't deserve you during the good times. I'm sure you miss him, but there will be another 'him'. Hang in there.

{{{{{quink77}}}}} Hugs!
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a LOT to deal with in a short period...you are definitiely entitled to a little pity-party!
    I hope things start to look better soon...hang in there! And keep focussing on the positives in your life to help get you through until then!
    Best of luck! :o)
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    *hugs*

You are allowed to feel bad about the things that are going on in your life and you have a lot going on. It can be overwhelming and sometimes you just need to hear that everything is going to be ok.

Everything is going to be ok! I promise.

I hope that your son is feeling better and that it is nothing serious.
  • quink77
    Options
    My cup runneth over ... Thank you all :heart:
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    That's a lot to deal with! :cry:
    I really hope things get better for you and I'm sending MASSIVE ((((((HUGS)))))) your way!:flowerforyou:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    No, forget Kelly Clarkson, she sucks.

Listen to this. I guarantee it will inspire you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrGObBbsCk8
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hugs sent!!
  • quink77
    Options
    I LOVE Grace Potter and the Nocturnals! Thanks for sending me that direction!!!
  • quink77
    Options
    I just realized tomorrow is Friday the 13th. I'm not leaving my house. God only knows what may be waiting for me out there!!!! :ohwell:
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I was laid off Feb. 29th myself. I'm an electrician, so I've been doing odd jobs all over to get by. My wife has two girls from a previous relationship with a deadbeat,and he is now 4 months behind on his child support, so add that to my plate. Sorry to hear about the boy-fiend, I mean boyfriend. At the risk of sounding cliche, it's his loss. You are gorgeous, and from what I can tell very intelligent. You will absolutely bounce back from this low point and be all the better for it. Chin up and fight the good fight! And by the way, I am praying for your son's health.
  • quink77
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    You definitely deserve a pity party and I am sooo sorry :cry: I hope your son is okay and I am sorry about the jobs and the boyfriend :frown: HUGS :flowerforyou: