Not Sure What Category I am

Options
I am using http://www.fat2fitradio.com to figure out what my calorie intake should be! I am not sure of a few things:

1. Does this include the calories I am burning when I workout? Or are the calories burnt ontop of that??
2. Which category am i in?
a. Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)
b. Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
c. Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
d. Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
e. Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

I work out every morning (most) doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and burn about 150 calories (average). I try to walk at least 3-4 times a week for about 40-60 minutes burning about 220 calories (depending how long i walk for). I have an office job though. I am not sure whether I am secondary, light or moderate!

PLEASE HELP ME, so I can figure out how many calories I should actually be eating in a day!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Leave aside your exercise calories when calculating your intake (so I'd go for sedentary)

You then record what exercise you actually do each day, and MFP will give you additional calories to allow for that.
  • elyshaS
    elyshaS Posts: 21
    Options
    Did you just use what MFP gave you for calories or did you change it?? I am supposed to eat 1696 calories (as secondary) that seems high and to burned calories thats even higher!!! Guess I will try it and see how I do. It said on the website it is ok to eat a few hundred calories less (200-300).
  • elyshaS
    elyshaS Posts: 21
    Options
    anyone else??
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Leave aside your exercise calories when calculating your intake (so I'd go for sedentary)

You then record what exercise you actually do each day, and MFP will give you additional calories to allow for that.

I agree. I have min set that way. Working so far :)
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I would say sedentary too. That's what I say for myself, it's kind of nice to get to eat your exercise calories back. Give it a try and see how you feel :)
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I just changed my MFP settings based on Fit2Fat as well. I picked sedentary though I walk the dog about 2.5 miles most days and then aim to lift twice a week, spin twice a week and run twice a week. I figure I will add it in when I do it and eat the extra calories (I don't always hit my exercise goals).
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's moderate.

What MFP will give you already has a deficit worked into it, 500cal per day for 1 lb, 1000cal per day for 2 lbs. Fat2Fit will give you the TDEE for the size of the person you want to be and tell you to eat like that. It really depends on what you want to do. Your choice.

I set my MFP to lose 1lb a week so it would be above my BMR and put my fitness level to sedentary. I log all my workouts and eat all my calories. Just me, though.
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I usually under estimate what activity I do while over estimate the food, this way I can be sure that I'm not eating too much or not exercising enough (I eat less then I report and burn more then I report). My base amount of cals is 1440 and whatever I burn is then added on top of that to up the allowed amount. Its better tounderestimate your activity level, this will give you a lower amount of cals/day so you can help lose more quicker.