ways to weigh yourself

Options
hi everyone. does anyone have a different way of measuring their progress other than the scales, mine are so inaccurate and give me a different reading every time.

any ideas?

thanks =]

Replies

• JodieElijah
    JodieElijah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Measurements. Measure your waist, chest, hips, upper arms, thighs.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Definitely measurements. Also, just use a pair of jeans to see if they are fitting better than before.
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you can measure like jodie said or just get a new scale. if that doesnt work just wait till your pants fall off.
  • toothfairybuttkicker
    toothfairybuttkicker Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    go to the scales!!!

Does your local drugstore have scales in situ?

Here in the UK our local Boots pharmacy have an all singing all dancing scale that never moves (ie same place). I walk there once a week and weigh in. It can be a bit scary with people around but well worth it. Keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Other then that get the tape measure out. There are loads of iphone apps that record your measurements. the MFP app does the basics too.

Good luck
    x
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Inches gained, if you're a male
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I noticed you used the word "scales" as in plural. Never weigh yourself on different scales. They won't match up. Pick one scale and only use that one to do your official weigh in.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    If you're using the same scale and weighing yourself under the same conditions every time it shouldn't matter. It provides a benchmark.

But if you think your scale is inaccurate, why don't you invest in a new digital model?
  • ahhmanda08
    ahhmanda08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Jeans, I have a pair of work pants that I wear every other week, they are starting to get big on me and today I was brave. I tried on a smaller size pants That have been in the back of my closet.... and they fit perfectly!! :smile: I didnt have to try to lay on the bed and wiggle into them! today was a touch down!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I have my husband hug me around the waist. This morning, he was able to lock his hands under his elbows!
  • lisheo
    lisheo Posts: 8
    Options
    i use 1 scale i think it my floor that is uneven. so what do i do about that
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    ^Find an even spot. Or make sure each time you weigh in, you place the scale on the same exact spot.

I weigh myself in the kitchen and I always place the scale on the same floor tile.