Scale recommendation?

Options
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has a scale recommendation. Right now, I use a Tanita BF679W Duo Scale that I bought 6 years ago (http://www.amazon.com/Tanita-BF679W-Scale-Monitor-Water/dp/B0009V1YPK/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1334240017&sr=1-3). It has been a fairly reliable scale over the last several years (I think? I don't really check it against anything else). However, I recently weighed myself with and without a 5 lb weight and it was -.6 lbs than it should have been. Afterward, my fiance weighed himself with and without the 5 lb weight and it was +.2 lbs. So, I'm starting to doubt the scale's accuracy (but maybe it isn't too inaccurate?).

Anyway, because my scale is a little old and I'm doubting its accuracy, I am considering purchasing a new one. Anyone like the one they use?

20692900.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Take the battery out for awhile and see if it recalibrates.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JG_FromMN
    JG_FromMN Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, I use the Eat Smart digital scale. Pretty good scale IMO. Got it off of Amazon for 28$.
  • misslariss84
    misslariss84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I took the battery out and put it back in and that seems to have helped (consistently reading +.2 with the 5 lb weight, which isn't too bad at all).