Chobani Greek Yogurt Perfect Pancakes...

Options
Has anyone tried the recipe for pancakes on the back of the Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt container? Here is the recipe for those who don't know what I am talking about:
http://www.chobanikitchen.com/recipes/detail/perfect-pancakes
The recipe has really good reviews according to that website...it's also low calorie. I think I am going to try these...

Replies

• kravmom
    kravmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How do you figure that it's low calorie?
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    How do you figure that it's low calorie?
    According to that website link it says it's only 75 calories per pancake...Not bad at all I think:smile: .
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Bump! I want to hear how they turn out!
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    75 calories per pancake seems to be the going rate for a lot of pancake recipes (I have 3 recipes that equal about 75 calories a pancake, & I got them years before I was concerned with calories)
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    75 calories per pancake seems to be the going rate for a lot of pancake recipes (I have 3 recipes that equal about 75 calories a pancake, & I got them years before I was concerned with calories)
    That's good to know. Growing up my mom would make Bisquick mix pancakes---so that's what I have used before. However, I don't have any on hand right now so I am doubtful Bisquick mix would be 75 calories per pancake. Maybe, but I am doubtful:laugh: . Just trying to decide if I want to get more Bisquick Mix or try the Chobani Greek Yogurt pancakes...
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    I never use bisquick or any other prepackaged foods - there's way too much sodium & other crap in them

& pancakes are so easy to make!

Old Fashion Pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
    3 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 Tbs sugar
    1 1/4 cups milk
    1 egg
    3 Tbs butter, melted

1 In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
    2 Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    I never use bisquick or any other prepackaged foods - there's way too much sodium & other crap in them

& pancakes are so easy to make!

Old Fashion Pancakes

1 1/2 cups flour
    3 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 Tbs sugar
    1 1/4 cups milk
    1 egg
    3 Tbs butter, melted

1 In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
    2 Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
    Thank you so much for that recipe. I am going to copy and save. Is this one of your 75 calorie recipes:flowerforyou: ?
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Yep - one serving (4 pancakes) is 294 calories (with 2% milk)
    so 74 calories per pancake :)
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! I will def try these!
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    Yep - one serving (4 pancakes) is 294 calories (with 2% milk)
    so 74 calories per pancake :)
    do you know how many pancakes this makes?
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    I used 1/4 cup and only got 11 pancakes from it---does that sound about right? How many people is this supposed to serve?
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe this morning and I give it a yummy two thumbs up! I used the blueberry Chobani, and just to warn you, they look pretty grey-blue. I was skeptical when I had the mix together because, frankly, it didn't look very appetizing. It was also very thick, so I added some more milk, maybe another quarter cup, until it looked more like batter. I thought this was going to be a bust because the grayness of the batter didn't seem that appealing but once I had those babies cooked up, they were wonderful!! I ended up eating 6 (Yipes!) and made up the rest of the pancakes to be able to just heat up so I ended with a total of 10 pancakes. I didn't really measure to a 1/4 cup, I just eyed it, which, I know, is wrong, so I may have made them too big, but I'm not sure. They seemed about right for pancake size!

Just thought I would share! :happy: