5'4" and shooting for 125 lbs :)

Options
Howdy! Anyone in my situation? I'm currently 141 pounds and looking not only to lose weight, but to get in shape. I'm a former cross country runner and have recently started running again (I got 5 miles in today- 5 slow, slow, slow miles), which makes me confident I can reach my goals. My giant problem is my food consumption- ever since I started actually tracking my calories it's been obvious why I haven't been losing weight...

No stress, though! Getting active has been allowing me to make (and want to make) better food choices. :) I could always use some advice and friends on here!

Here is a picture of my from March 16th- I think I look a little more toned now, but what difference can a month really do? ;)

J9R3r.jpg?1

Replies

• juliexiuu
    juliexiuu Posts: 118
    Options
    You look really good
    I'm also shooting for the 125 range
  • LC128
    LC128 Posts: 7
    Options
    You Look great! :) keep up the good work, muscle memory is a lot more amazing than we realize :)
  • michalawm
    Options
    I'm with you trying to get back to 125 for my 25th birthday, it's so amazing what your body remembers from old work out styles. 5 miles is 5 miles no matter how long it takes!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    You look really good
    I'm also shooting for the 125 range

I think it's a good goal :-)
  • PaigeStephenson
    PaigeStephenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm with you ... 125 and I'd be happy !! Enjoying the exercise is key I'd say.
    5 miles! GO GIRL!!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    You Look great! :) keep up the good work, muscle memory is a lot more amazing than we realize :)

Tell me about it! I was amazed how I just fell into form and breathing patterns again.... too bad my muscles don't remember to not be so tired! haha
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    I'm with you trying to get back to 125 for my 25th birthday, it's so amazing what your body remembers from old work out styles. 5 miles is 5 miles no matter how long it takes!

You got it! It took me over an hour (more like an hour and fifteen minutes).... but dangit it counts!
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I am the same 5'4" and aiming for 125 lbs! Add me if you like and good luck with your weight loss!
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    I'm with you ... 125 and I'd be happy !! Enjoying the exercise is key I'd say.
    5 miles! GO GIRL!!

I agree! Exercise is definitely the solution. I feel like it's slower to lose weight while you're also building muscle, but the wait is worth it :)
  • awal2069
    awal2069 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and want to get to 125 as well!
    Good Luck ladies... I really have to change up lifestyle... its just so HARD to break habits.
  • Jordyncg
    Jordyncg Posts: 1
    Options
    5'3" and shooting for 120, never realized how bad my eating habits were until i starting tracking my calories!!! 15 pounds to go!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    We are very similar. 5'5 143lbs aiming for 120-125. But I eat like a 300lb man. Feel free to request me, and best of luck in your journey!!!
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm 5'4" as well and am aiming for 130 (currently 163). I'm in the same boat! I've been working out but ignoring my food intake (until this past Monday - WOWSER it adds up fast). Well, good luck hitting your goal! I'm new here too so feel free to add me! :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You really look great. I'm 5'3" aiming for 129 pounds. I'll decide from there if I want to go any lower. Right now, I weigh 135 pounds.

Congrats on your success!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    whoo! congrats!

i'm just under 5'4" and ~120 lb. and i fee great! best of luck! :drinker:
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Not really related but I LOVE your top. I remember seeing it, wanting to buy it, and they only had size XXL left :(

Related....I'm 5'5" and my goal is up around 130-135. :) I started at 184 and am now hovering around 149 but I'm confident that weight will look good so long as I continue to strengthen my muscles.
  • Confident120409
    Confident120409 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and aiming for 120 pounds. I just want to lose weight and see how I look a long the way. I do not want to be to skinny and look unhealthy. its my goal to be toned and healthy looking
  • JackeyC
    JackeyC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 1/2", so I round up to 5'5". :laugh: I'm currently my heaviest @ 161 lbs & I'm shooting for 130 lbs. I just started really watching what I eat & exercising... thanks to myfitnesspal Looking forward to being healthier. Congratulations on the 5 miles... slow or otherwise, that's pretty impressive.:smile:
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and the smallest I ever weighed was 135 so that's my goal weight but 125 would be a great challenge!!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I was in your situation last year, but I'm about at goal.

5'3" started at 146 lbs.
    Now ~123 lbs ish and a little more muscley.

I'm crazy, I eat a lot, I party hard and I work hard.
    But I also have lots of good knowledge and am certified to teach fitness classes :-)