Alittle nervious...

Options
It's really a long story but we are going down to visit my husbands family in 2 weeks. The last time I saw his Aunt within the first 2 minutes she told me that I was fat. I haven't lost near the weight that I wanted to before seeing her again. She use to be large and was diagnosed with an eating dissorder, she's now very tiny and attends meeting daily to keep her on track, CONGRAT'S to her but at the same time it has made her INCREDIBLY judgmental. I'm not looking forward to going.:frown:

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If you haven't seen her in awhile, that 32 lbs you've lost is going to be noticeable! And if she doesn't, well that's just cruel.
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    1st off - you look great and are doing a great job at taking care of yourself.
    Your Aunt-in-law needs some people skills and really, if she can't be supportive of your efforts then you should really just try to ignore her super rude comments. You aren't living your life for her...
    I sure hope your husband sticks up for you - I know I'd be telling her to share her nasty comments with her eating-disorder groups instead of hurting other people's feelings - but I'm a little agressive.
    I sure feel for you! And think you are an incredibly strong person for ever seeing her again.
    We'll be here for you when you get back from your visit:smile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    You'll be just fine atleast you going about it the healthy way and remember slow and steady always wins the race:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    We will be with you in spirit. Most people who are that judgemental are very miserable and unhappy in their own skins. She probably wouldn't admit noticing if you lost 100 pounds.

But you are not doing it for her so it doesn't matter what she says or doesn't say. Just be happy and focus on how healthy you are feeling.

Stay in touch with MFP if you can. And travel safe.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    We will be with you in spirit. Most people who are that judgemental are very miserable and unhappy in their own skins. She probably wouldn't admit noticing if you lost 100 pounds.

But you are not doing it for her so it doesn't matter what she says or doesn't say. Just be happy and focus on how healthy you are feeling.
    :heart:
    That's for sure! Hang in there-
    whether she mentions it or not, those pounds are gone & you're doing great.
    :heart:
  • proctor0828
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! I really love this sight and rely on it everyday for a pick-me-up. You guys are great!