If you could have a lover OR a FWB

Options

Replies

• coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I prefer a CSP, but it never fails that one person gets attached to the other.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    A Lover
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    FWB. Now to get him to agree!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    a lover, with a deeper connection...
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Is this not counting our husband/wife at home?? Because my husband would count as my lover.

So then I'd want a FWB... cake and eat it too and all that.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    FWB FTW
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I think a FWB.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I'll take the lover, and then role play/dress up/fantasize, etc. to make if feel like a FWB. Best of both worlds.
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I prefer a CSP, but it never fails that one person gets attached to the other.

This. Since my divorce, I have had several FWB's- and I'm fine with that. I keep finding that the other person wants to become more and more engaged in my day to day life. I frankly don't have time for that and so tend to break it off and cause hurt feelings- even when I am very clear up front about what I'm looking for...
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'd say lover would be better than FWB. I think the FWB situation rarely works out. Often times someone falls in love, someone gets hurt, feelings develop. I'm sure it works *sometimes* but as a general rule... I doubt it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Who cares the terms if I am gettin some. :smokin:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Lovah fo' sho'. A FWB can go bang someone else, catch their herpes and pass it on to you. At leas with a lovah, there is an element of trust.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    This as long as the second part is understood.....only marginally involved in entire life

A lover is a person that receives more than just sex. They receive words of affirmation, kindness, caresses, cuddling, kisses, and everything that centers on and around those feelings and acts. The ‘love’ portion of a relationship.

A lover is only marginally involved in your entire life. You may discuss a few things here and there, but it’s mostly about making each other feel good.
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    lover fo sho
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    A lover is a person that receives more than just sex. They receive words of affirmation, kindness, caresses, cuddling, kisses, and everything that centers on and around those feelings and acts. The ‘love’ portion of a relationship. A lover is only marginally involved in your entire life. You may discuss a few things here and there, but it’s mostly about making each other feel good.
    Does not make sense. You can't have LOVE without the person being involved in your life. You're still just talking about sex.
    A FWB is a person that, while you MIGHT hang out once in a while, you will only call on for sex – the physical aspect of it. This person will not get upset if you don’t call them for days, but will always be a willing participant (as long as it works for both of you) for the physical. There is very little cuddling and no need for words of affirmation.
    Also does not make sense. What you are describing is benefits only, no friendship involved.

What you are really asking here is: would you rather have someone you use for sex, or someone you use for sex who is also very romantic?

I kind of have to agree with this. She said exactly what I was thinking.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think most women prefer a lover. Your definition of FWB seems kind of off to me. I consider an FWB to be someone I actually have a friendship with. What you described sounded more like a booty call.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    FWB are so much easier, and I never have to worry about someone else cluttering my house. My fiancee started out as a FWB and then we ruined it and fell in love.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'll take the lover, and then role play/dress up/fantasize, etc. to make if feel like a FWB. Best of both worlds.

:laugh:
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have both at the same time, so no way I'd settle for one OR the other. :wink:

Should have read this quoted reply more closely. I need more than just sex and just sex and pillow talk.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    A lover, European-style. I'm not so keen on the idea of sex without intimacy.