I Binged Really Bad Last Night.....

Options
Letting go of a 7 year off and on relationship is really hard.

I never thought id ever have to go thru this (who does?) but I was tired of feeling like he had no time in his life for me.

Living 45mins apart (for the last 2 years) and barely seeing eachother because I work full time and he is focusing on his music career and his daughter has only made it harder for me to feel like what we had is there anymore.

I am at work and I feel like ****.
I feel like i just got slapped in the face, even though it was my choice.
I dont if that makes any sense.

Last night while thinking about my choices (even before I told him this morning) I didnt even wanna exercise, I just wanted to lay on my couch and never get up, though of course I put on that smile and went about my day for my 3 year old son.

I binged really bad.
I didnt go by my meal plan.
I didnt even go back and fix it this morning, because of course I am completely ashamed.

My scale went up 4lbs. (Stupid scale).

I guess I could just really use some motivation and support right now.
Its hard to get it at home when its just me and my son and I really dont have time for anybody else....

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    A binge every once in a while isn't going to be that bad. :) I think when there is a breakup, you need time to yourself, time to go through the motions, and in time you will eventually feel better. You're probably just feeling low right now. Give it some time to adjust to the situation and I bet you will be back at it before you know it! You can do it!!!! :) Take care.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I hope so. Lol.

I havent went thru a real break up since I was 19.

I forgot what it feels like. Hahaha.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy the binge and don't feel bad! I know some people won't agree but sometimes I think you need to let go and forget about calorie counting. This is a lifestyle change so you'll work it off over a few days. If you need a day on the couch then do that :)

As long as its only one day then what harm. Pick yourself up today and start again. Work out a little harder and a little longer on the good days.
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    :o)
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Awe hunne....we all do it...I did it last night too....but today when I woke up I was greatfull that today was a NEW DAY and I got to start over.

Today and Just for Today (One Day At A Time) I hope that you will choose to be your own best friend instead of your worst enemy. Don't beat yourself up just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move forward!

God Bless you today and always! Have a better day today!

:flowerforyou:

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a binge now and again... Just eat better again, do your exercise and you will feel alot better. :-)
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the break up I know that is hard! Unfortunately many of us tend to binge when we are in emotional crisis. Although your sadness is not over do not let it set you back. Start new today. Don't look back at what you ate, don't kick yourself for it and do not give up on yourself! You can do this.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Diane. Not sure if this is what you had in mind for support, but you are invited to join this group. It is a non-judgemental place to talk about Binge Eating. I find it extremely helpful to talk to other people with similar struggles.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/376-binge-eating-support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/509705-march-april-bed-conversation-thread
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    What's done is done. You have enough on your plate without worrying about the foods you ate. As for the scale being up 4lbs - it is water weight and it'll come back off. There's no way you ate enough over your maintenance calories to gain 4lbs of fat. Drink water and it'll be gone.

Take it one day at a time - ending a relationship isn't easy and you can't be expected to be over it and back to your old self in a day or two. Doesn't matter if you wanted it, he wanted it or you both wanted it. It isn't easy and it takes an emotional toll on us. If you need a day on the couch, by all means - take a day on the couch. Give yourself a break. :)
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    Thank you everybody.

It means a lot. :heart:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    You can't do that much damage to your diet in one day. If you can stop this here and get back on the wagon, it will be like this never happened. It's only a problem if you make it one.
  • BrayneZ
    BrayneZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My scale went up 4lbs. (Stupid scale).

It's just water weight. One night (hell, I say even a week to get back on the horse) isn't going to make you obese.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation though :(

But don't let your diet add to your stress. If you need to take a break and not think about what you're eating (while staying within reason) for a few days - then do it.
  • debrapeterson
    debrapeterson Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day. You decide if it will be good or bad. I find if I'm depressed or ill or tired my self control isn't as strong. I except that a day I wanted to go well didn't, but I know I have the next day. But please record those binges the best you can in your food diary that helps get you back on the program. I know your days will get better hang in there. I would be honored to be your friend on this journey.
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It will be okay. Tomorrow is another day. Climb back in the wagon and move forward. Probably no major damage that can't be fixed by monday. Just stick to your normal plan, and don't get back on the scale until at least Monday! Hang in there. Think of all the reasons you want to lose weight and be healthy. Think of how far you have come.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that unless you ate 14,000 calories over your maintenance calories, you didn't actually gain 4lbs.

Water weight, or simply the food waiting to *ahem* makes it way through you.

Note: 14,000 calories is roughly equivalent to 25 Big Macs.

In other words, take it easy on yourself. In a couple of days it will just be a bad memory.

Cheers!

- Bill
  • sallyschmeling
    sallyschmeling Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the occasional binge. Some days, we need our comfort foods to make us feel, well, comforted. One day will not ruin you. Try to stay under your calorie total for a few days, and exercise a little more. You will get back on track again.

The best advise I got when I was dating a jerk - love shouldn't be that hard.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating out, console yourself with a good workout. It'll make you feel better instead of worse and your body will thank you for it. That's all. Eat to live, not to be comforted. The whole concept of comfort food doesn't sit well with me. If you need comforting, get a blanket and a fire and a good friend, or any of the above exclusively. Get out of the house instead of heading for the fridge.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know part of living a healthy lifestyle is having a sound mental well-being. If you were feeling depressed, hurt, pissed off, or just any negative emotion, and you just didn't have your head in the right place, it really is okay. None of us our perfect. Even those with the best bodies have their off days. Keep your focus on dealing with these feelings. Don't add guilt about your body into the mix. When you are in a better place emotionally, you can begin on working on your physical well-being again.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree.. You cannot damage yourself in one day. I know you're disappointed but you need to forgive yourself. You haven't done anything irreparable. I know that on days I don't do well, I just don't get on the scale. After you've already made the decision to binge you don't need to punish yourself for it. What the scale says makes no difference. As long as you don't make it a habit, this won't even be a blip on the long-term radar.

I've been in a relationship for 7 years now, I know how entwined two peoples' lives become after this amount of time. I'm so sorry for what you're going through... Please be good to yourself! You deserve kindness first and foremost from your self!
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    The best advise I got when I was dating a jerk - love shouldn't be that hard.

Far too true....