How on Earth....

Options
Do you lose that below the belly button pooch! after I had my daughter it seems like a lot of my extra weight decided to hang out right below my belly button, where the waist on your pants sit! I thought crunches at first but those really work your abs...I need ideas to get rid of that ugliness!! Please Help!

Replies

• wendyk523
    Options
    Do you lose that below the belly button pooch! after I had my daughter it seems like a lot of my extra weight decided to hang out right below my belly button, where the waist on your pants sit! I thought crunches at first but those really work your abs...I need ideas to get rid of that ugliness!! Please Help!

I wish I had the answer to that! I have lost over 30lbs -- 3 pant sizes and I still have the below the belly button jiggle -- I workout 5 days a week --- I think I just have to hide it and stop hoping it will melt away. 3 kids (last one at 39) -- not an easy fix... if anyone has any suggestions I welcome it too.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    I hate to be the one to pass this on, but the best answer I have ever heard about flattening abs is that *abs are made in the kitchen!* I wish it weren't so but I'm a workout maniac but haven't applied the same effort to diet and 12 months later I've only lost 12 pounds. So I'm going to work on building my body in the kitchen!
    Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
    Becky
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Cardio girl... you have to decrease your overall body fat percentage... some lose from their waist first and others from their hips and butt so hopefully your one that losing from your waist... first :happy: Crunches will help strengthen the muscle but won't get rid of that bulge... Good luck!

~Leash :heart:

edit- 2 times I spelled waist wrong, wooow
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Try reverse crunches
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm searching for the same answer after twins 18 months ago.

In addition to the cardio, strength and healthy diet I have recently cut out alcohol. In addition to the obvious empty calories, it also hinders your body's ability to metabolize fat AND supposedly goes right to your tummy area (although how they know alcohol turns into belly fat I do not know).
    Search the message boards for 'the alcohol question' and have a quick read.

Not seeing dramatic results just yet, but I'm giving it a try. Good luck!
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i've never had kids and i have this problem as well.....i think its just a body type.....we just have to deal with it....
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It is so true that diet is what makes or breaks the abs. Cardio, calisthenics, or isolated exercises cannot do much to reduce that area -- which many of us are genetically prone to get, including me!! -- if we are not eating well. You need to be consistently eating clean, natural food and avoiding sugar, high fat foods, processed foods, junk foods, and yes, often alcohol.

I have been doing all of this -- most recently avoiding alcohol -- along with toning/strength exercises and cardio, and I have seen some results, but not as quickly as I'd like. Still, my stomach looks and feels way better than when I used to be addicted to sugar and the like. I've learned it takes patience and a long time to get the flat-belly results I want! Nothing good comes easily -- I really believe that to be true -- so just keep consistently eating clean and healthy and exercising and your body will shape itself into its natural best shape. Good luck.
  • samantha115
    Options
    i would also love to know. that is my biggest problem area,
  • TankLily
    TankLily Posts: 34
    Options
    ya you can't spot reduce, but you can work out that area.

No reason not to have tone muscles under the fat :laugh:

The best way to reach those in my experiance is leg lifts. just lift your heals about a foot of the ground and slowly lower them, you should start to feel the burn in that lower ab area right away.