INSANITY Workout, yay or nay?

Options
I'm starting the program tonight. Just wanted to hear some feedbacks!! Positive and negatives, your experiences, diets...etc..

Replies

• pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I justed posted yesterday on this program. It is amazing. Everyone said basically the same thing... it is the hardest workout out there. For me who has done 3 rounds of P90X this program broke me down and rebuilt me stronger than ever! I am seeing my stomach muscles more and more.

Stick with it!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I'm finishing round 3 this week so yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :drinker:
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I would say in my experience the most important thing is to find a program you love and stick with it, some people love P90X because they love the "suck" as we call it, and some people love Xfit because of the culture and the environment it provides, and some people live for the pump and having one workout partner that they share every moment of pain with, the simple truth is, if you dont enjoy something, you arnt going to do it, so find what you love and stick with it, all these programs are just a means to and end, no one is "the best" its all about what you love. good luck and dig deep
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 60 days on Tuesday. :)

I am down 14 lbs by doing Insanity and NETTING my BMR or a little more here on MFP. I am 5'3 and went from 159 to 145.

I LOVE INSANITY!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm still on my first week but I love it already!! Anything that makes me work and sweat is my kind of program! :) I ended up buying a HRM though just because the calculations on calories burnt were a huge range...so I would suggest one of those to log acurrately!! Good luck and I hope you have as much fun doing it as I do!! :)
  • peteisneat
    Options
    The worst week is going to hurt so bad but just get through it and then you start to feel better, more flexible, more energy, and you'll start to get lean right away. Definetly worth the effort to go hard with insanity.
  • gdean428
    gdean428 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks everyone. What about diet? Any meal plans or anything to stay away from during this?
  • markb283
    markb283 Posts: 6
    Options
    It's hard, but awesome. Week 1 was a little rough...prepare to sweat! Good luck!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Love love love Insanity!! I did the full 60 day program and used it over the last year to supplement when I need or want to do it. It will be tough. Do what you can do and try not to keep up with the people in the video. I didn't think it was a huge weight loss program, but it did melt the inches and tone!! Good luck!!

Be prepared to really eat your cals with this workout!! You will need the fuel!!
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I did four straight rounds of Insanity. During that time I lost around 53 lbs. (213 lbs. to 160), and went down from a size 18 to an 8. I then moved on to and completed Insanity: The Asylum and started running. I lost another 20ish lbs (and am now a size 4) before moving onto maintenance. Thanks to Shaun T. and Insanity I am a new happy person. I am currently doing a hybrid of Insanity and P90X.

I changed my diet, but I did not follow the food guide Insanity came with. I did my own thing.

My main advice is to just keep at it and don't give up. Go at your pace and speed. Don't try to keep up with Shaun T. or the "machines" in the video or you will die trying. Definitely take your measurements. That is a much better way to gauge your progress as opposed to the scale. Many people don't see a real difference until they start Month 2 workouts.

Good luck!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Definitely a love/hate kind of relationship!

This is what Insanity recommends for the meal plan aspect of it all:
    http://www.timeouthut.com/share/Insanity Nutrition Guide.pdf

Enjoy!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE this program and would recommend it!!! I'm currently on my 2nd round and still love every minute of it!!!
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I love the program. I at the last 2 weeks of month 2 and after a 30 break Im going to start up again!!! I didnt lose alot at first because I wasnt eating enough but soon as I upper my calories the scale started moving. Be ready to sweat and using a HRM isnt a bad idea either.
  • rebeccarains
    Options
    I completed my first 60 days a few weeks ago and I LOVE the program. I am still doing the workouts along with running (just taking it a little slower because I'm 13 weeks pregnant!) because I haven't found anything else that compares. I love that it is so fast paced and makes you sweat! It will be hard at first but stick with it! I definitely recommend an HRM to track calories and MEASURE yourself because your body is going to change even if you don't drop a lot of weight! Good luck!!
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am currently in week 3 and loving it! The first week and a half was difficult because I was really sore after the workouts, but that eventually goes away and right now i'm feeling great. So far i've lost about 6 pounds, and over 4 inches :love:

Remember to fuel properly; I generally follow the nutrition guide, but swap certain foods that I just don't care for. My main goal is to get enough protein in so that I can get through the workouts.

You can do it!
  • zjboilard
    Options
    YAY...i LOVE it but i also do Crossfit...so i love the insane stuff
  • imachicmom
    Options
    Starting TODAY AS WELL.... Good luck...before I got pregnant(I gave birth 8 weeks ago) i did a bootcamp inspired by a lot of insanity moves...so hopefully I'll be able to hang.
  • Marcamp1978
    Options
    I hope one day to be able to survive an insanity workout. :-) good luck and have fun!
  • imachicmom
    Options
    Did the fit test.... Looks like I'm in for a tough road...but it seems fun.