Hello. . .I'm New Here

Options
Hi my name is Sherry. I'm 30 years old and have just recommitted to my weight loss journey. I am here for support and motivation and I will do the same for you all :smile: At this point I have 63 pounds to lose in order to be to my "ideal" goal weight but I am looking at it as every pound loss is a success! I look forward to getting to know you all and work together towards a common goal. . .getting healthy!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY..KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS AND DONT GIVE UP
  • prohappy
    prohappy Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Sherry,
    I'm glad you decided to join us! :flowerforyou:
    It's much more motivational when you've got tons of people who have the same problems and goals.
    Have fun and good luck to you!

-Dani.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place! With the tools this web site provides and the support and advice you can get on the forums you will get what you need to succeed!

Glad you're here!
  • jeanniestephens
    Options
    hi sherry im new too & looking forward to all the support.i have almost 100 pounds to lose so ill be here a while GOD willing. hope i can do well & help others on their journey. we all have to support each other.
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome already! I can tell I'm going to like it here :smile:
  • chicynth
    chicynth Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry,

I am new also and needing to lose 60 pounds. I like what you posted about every pound being a show of good success. I will commit to looking at it that way...maybe it will help me not to be so discouraged.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good luck. This site is a wonderful tool!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry, and a big welcome also to the latest batch of newbies! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • carrieb77
    carrieb77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sherry,
    Just wanted to wish you much success in your journey to a healthier you.