Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    It's the awesome fat content. Eat it all up and love every bite! Seriously! You can't go wrong with peanut butter!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I eat PB before and after my workouts it gives me a little fuel for the workout and then for recovery since I am so hungry. PB2 is good also from Bell Plantation. I love PB!
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    mmmmmmmmm peanut butter!!!! watch the carbs too!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about calories:

1/2 can of green peas is 79 calories, 21 carbs & 7g protein
    2TBS op peanut butter is 190 calories, 7 carbs & 7g protein
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    My friend adds apple juice to her peanut butter to make it more creamy & to also be able "stretch" it out & have "more." I've had it, can't tell the difference :D

that friend is me :-) it's equal parts PB and equal parts apple or white grape juice. It's doesn't reduce the calories or fat but like she said, it stretches it out a little. It's the consistancy of whipped PB-great for dipping apples and celery in it!
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have compared just about every label at the grocery stores that I go to and I find that Skippy creamy peanut butter is the best for my use the last time I was at the store I had to go with a different brand and just for 2 tablespoons it is like 210 calories for the peanut butter I had to get  so the next time I go I hope my brand is in stock. I like peanut butter for it fill me up and it is good for you.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I use Better 'n Peanut Butter brand... it tastes fantastic (not watery like most reduced fat brands) and it only has 100 cals for 2 TBS.

Me too! I eat it every day and love it!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Right? But peanut butter is so delicious... so it's okay. haha. Another question I'd like to pose is: Why does Avocado have to have so much fat in it???? I know it's good fat, but still!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Jelly Time....Peanut Butter Jelly Time......
  • angie_sample
    Options
    at one point i cut out peanut butter and just a couple weeks ago i mentioned to my dietician that i dont eat peanut butter anymore bc of the calorie intake and she insist that i keep peanut butter in my diet. Especially since i love it. She said the protein out weighs the calories. I eat 2 T a day with my apple and im happy to have it back in my diet .
  • angie_sample
    Options
    Peanut Butter Jelly Time....Peanut Butter Jelly Time......

haha love it!
  • kristi012173
    Options
    Where can you find the Better n peanut butter brand?
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan has a "Whipped Creamy" peanut butter that has 1/3 less sugar. 2 tbsp = 150 calories.

this is what I use...Im a PB *kitten* :)

Us PB *kitten* stick together!!! I eat it EVERY day. Multiple times a day. I love PB2 and Better'n Peanut Butter - and keep a HUGE stock of both.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the kitchen where I was enjoying a spoon of almond butter!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Lately I've heard nothing but absolute RAVE reviews for PB2, and especially the chocolate variety. Here's a link to the nutrition information - you can get to the rest of the site from there. It might be something you should seriously look into - I know I intend to.

http://bellplantation.com/nutrition
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just started buying my pnb from Whole Foods Market. It literally just ground up peanuts. No added salt or sugar. It is, to me, a great substitute for my love of Skippy Natural. Its like 160 cals for 2 tbsp.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Where can you find the Better n peanut butter brand?

they shouldn't be allowed to name their brand something that isn't possible
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    What's with the hatin' on the peanut butter? Peanut butter is very nutritious.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Love Peanut Butter and have a tablespoon everyday with my oatmeal, also have it with Granny Smiths as a snack.

The PB2 is great also, though I do not like it reconstituted.

But I use it in powder form as a n Apple Dipper or in Oatmeal also - if I do not have enough calories left in my day for the full oil version. Also nice in protein shakes, over ice cream etc.

I keep both on hand, depending on my needs.

Have some Almond Butter two, both reg and Chocolate, but cal content is close to the same, and I tend not to really eat it very often.