Nutrisystem Users or Successes?

Options
I am going back to work and I know it will be difficult to prepare healthier meals for me AND a regular meal for my husband and son (they won't eat all the salads and things I would! Plus it is expensive for a family to eat that way all the time!) so I am considering trying Nutrisystem for myself, to help with my weight loss. Has anyone tried that? I am in Canada, so I need something that delivers to Canada and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any success stories from Nutrisystem or anything like that that delivers healthy pre-preared meals for a decent $?

Replies

• jaded40
    jaded40 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been on nutrisystem. You still have to add your fruits and veggies. It works but didn't really care for the taste of the food. And when I went off of it the weight came back fast. You have to really maintain when you reach your goal. But is pretty easy to follow.
  • annettehoyt
    annettehoyt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How much would you say you spent a month including the extra food you have to buy on your own, like fruit and veggies? And do you still have to cook a meal, like put together ingredients? Or do they mostly come ready? And are snacks included? Or just three meals a day? Good point about using it to lose but it's harder to maintain after you lost the weight. Something to consider.
  • WrenMayfield
    WrenMayfield Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nutrisystem is so gross. My roommate tried it and the food is so repugnant that she was able to lose weight simply because she wasn't eating. Some of the items came rotten and spoiled as well.
  • annettehoyt
    annettehoyt Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I tried Nutrisystem and lost.....a couple hundred dollars!! :angry: The food is nasty, in my opinion. When I read the ingredients in the "mashed potatoes" I about gagged; anchovies! :noway:

I know a lot of people that have been very successful with it, though. Just not for me.
  • jaded40
    jaded40 Posts: 6
    Options
    It's about 300 hundred for the plan. And probably another 100 for fruits and veggies. Plus I had stomach issues their food really bothered my my stomach. Maybe that's why it works lol.
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend getting the food from E-Bay, there's a ton of it for really cheap. Any guesses why? ;-)
  • pknow
    pknow Posts: 5
    Options
    I thought Nutrisytem food was good, but lost 20+ pounds, only to gain back more once I ate real food.
    I did this TWICE. The problem with Nutrisystem is that it doesn't teach you how to eat in the real world with real food.
    Unless you can afford it for the rest of your life, I would stay away from it and learn how to pack lunches.