want to intrduce myself

Options
Hello Everyone I am Carole and I am joining this website because I think it is awesome!!
Everyone does better when they fight their weight when they have lots of support around them..I am 41 yrs old and I live in Virginia.....2 months ago I decided I had enough of struggling with my weight, not to mention all the health problems it causes. I have high bp and high cholestrol and believe me I am not ready to give in to any of it. so with the help of my wonderful girlfriend and partner, I joined a gym 2 months ago and now I go work out 3x per week and watch my diet, (with the help of this website of course) and guess what? I have lost 15 lbs so far!! only 85 more to go....I am trying to lose as much on my own as I can, otherwise I am considering having beriatric surgery...Has anyone else went thru that ? I would love to hear about your experiences, good and bad.

I look forward to making some friends here and welcome anyone to reply back
Good afternoon to everyone
bye:wink:

Replies

• CaroleinVa2008
    Options
    Hello Everyone I am Carole and I am joining this website because I think it is awesome!!
    Everyone does better when they fight their weight when they have lots of support around them..I am 41 yrs old and I live in Virginia.....2 months ago I decided I had enough of struggling with my weight, not to mention all the health problems it causes. I have high bp and high cholestrol and believe me I am not ready to give in to any of it. so with the help of my wonderful girlfriend and partner, I joined a gym 2 months ago and now I go work out 3x per week and watch my diet, (with the help of this website of course) and guess what? I have lost 15 lbs so far!! only 85 more to go....I am trying to lose as much on my own as I can, otherwise I am considering having beriatric surgery...Has anyone else went thru that ? I would love to hear about your experiences, good and bad.

I look forward to making some friends here and welcome anyone to reply back
    Good afternoon to everyone
    bye:wink:
  • asmith1225
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You are off to a great start!!! Keep up the good work and you will not need surgery!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    15 pounds is great!

Welcome & good luck! :smile:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    Wow you are making great progress! You can definitely lose the weight by diet and exercies. My best friend just lost 70 pounds this way. She has never felt better! Lots of luck!
    Bunny
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention - I used to live in Burke VA. It was so beautiful. I still miss the seasons especially the Fall! (I a CA girl now)
    Bunny
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    you can do it on your own!
  • CaroleinVa2008
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement....It helps alot: flowerforyou:
    I will keep in touch with you all
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome! Sounds like you have done great so far!