On my way ... looking for input, with pictures.

Options
HI There!
My name is Jen, and I am 21 years old, wildly in love, two adorable puppies and working hard to be the happiest, best version of myself. But ... I have been struggling with obesity for all of my adult life. I cannot remember a time that I was not overwreight. I have been making progress in the past few years. As depicted by my photos. But, I could use more motivation to get my (smaller than before, but not goal sized as of yet) butt moving!! Here are some pictures from the past, and present. My highest weight was 306 pounds (The picture with black hair). Current has been bouncing between 240 and 250 for a very very long time. Not due to dieting, just seems to be the rythm of my body at this point. I always get stuck feeling that I haven't changed at all, and that is very discouraging! I just want some input honestly! I would say my goal varies from 165 - 190, depending on how motivated I feel. I am 5'10, so I have quite a bit of sway in my healthy range.

Here are some pics, let's hear some comments!

old.jpg

newer.jpg

faceold.jpg

face2.jpg

Replies

• CandiceSizemore
    CandiceSizemore Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look really awesome!!! Keep up the hard work, it will pay off!!
  • LaurenKauf
    Options
    You certainly are on your way!! Great job and keep doing what you're doing!!!
  • tara7302011
    tara7302011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!!!
  • jfaure23
    jfaure23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look much happier and confident in your after pics. Great job! One day at a time, you can do this!!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person in the pics without the black hair! Your face is more healthy and your beauty really comes out when you weigh a little less...its dramatic. I really like the pic in the dress, you look stunning.
    Keep at it. Use weights and get some tone. :smile:
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look great and are doing an amazing job.

BTW you must live in a beautiful area!!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You're really pretty!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You are def getting there, lookin good. You can really tell in your face. WTG
  • yasminhancey1982
    yasminhancey1982 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you are doing well,i was 308 pounds iam now 297 pounds and im 5ft 9 i know how you feel,your pictures have remineded me of why im on here i have left my self go these last few weeks. but your pictures inspired me to get back on track.
  • jenn1990123
    Options
    Thank you. I live in Alberta (Canada) in the North! It is gorgeous here, but I would really love to see more of your country one day!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference in your face! You're looking great. Keep up the great work!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    your face looks great! keep going!
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    You look much happier and confident in your after pics. Great job! One day at a time, you can do this!!

I was thinking the same thing! :smile:

keep up the awesome work! :flowerforyou:
  • Diswans86
    Diswans86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OMG! You can totally tell! Especially in your face, neck, waist, hips!!!! Way to go! Your eyes speak volumes too. They sparkle more and look healthier!
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, been stuck at the same weight for a long time, but when you look back at your before pictures you must see the difference you have made??

For me, to get me motivated to really get going again, I've made a poster. Some of the pictures are my before and "during" so I can see how far I've already come. That is really motivating to me to actually see the difference exercise and good nutrition can make. Then other quotes or pictures that motivate me. I keep it by my workout gear, so far it's really been helping! :) Good luck!
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness! You are BEAUTIFUL! You are doing great. (I hardly ever post, but I came out of the woodwork to tell you that. That's how great you're doing!)
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    You are doing great!!! You can definitely see a difference, especially in your face!! Keep up the good work!!
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Keep up the amazing work! I am 27 years old, 5'7" and started out in the mid-300s. I also have had stall out weeks over the months of dieting and exercise, but usually I am losing inches (or portions of inches) during the stalled weeks. Do you measure yourself as well as weigh yourself? It can make a difference for your motivation for sure! Also, (and I know some people will argue this is not effective, etc) I eat a high protein diet, usually trying to double or triple the MFP suggested amount and eating only about half of the carbs. It seems to work for me at least. Keep up the great progress! :smile:
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Keep on keepin' on :) You are doing great!!!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It is one day at a time, one pound at a time. Giving up just because you stall will not getyou to your goal. You are doing great! Don't get discouraged because if you give up in 6 months you will wish you had stuck in there and gotten over the hump. KEEP PUSHING!!!! You are doing great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!