irritated and angry at my personal trainer

Options
izzydino
izzydino Posts: 254 Member
I ran in to my trainer at the Y today. (She is a boxer and is a very lean and muscular woman.)She told me she was happy was still coming... i asked her about eating at tdee and she told me that morbid obese people like myself should not eat over 1200. Does your body really need that food. I explained to her how mfp works and she laughed... I explained my weight loss stalled at 1200 cal. a day she told me i didn't know what i was talking about...

I have lost over 40 lbs... and I felt deflated that she wasn't more supportive about losing me losing weight....

sorry i had to rant!

Replies

• ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think you need to fire your personal trainer and get a new one!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    She has no idea what she is talking about. A personal trainer is NOT a nutritionist.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    That seems like a really narrowminded and unsupportive stance for a trainer to take, and I am not a fan of "one size fits all" solutions (or judgments in this case) under any circumstances. It saddens me that she treated you like this, and that she's possibly treating most of her clientele this ignorantly. Time to give her the ol' heave-ho, I think.
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is horrible! I'm so sorry that you have to experience such rudeness! My personal trainer is very supportive and would never say anything like that! I agree with the other personal that said you need to fire her!
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wow. Get rid of your trainer!
  • angie_sample
    Options
    personal trainers are not nutritionist!! You should be so proud of yourself bc u have worked hard and u are doing great. I would not want a personal trainer like this, maybe look into finding someone else who actually has a heart. My PT use to be overweight so i feel like she really empathizes with me.
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think you need to fire your personal trainer and get a new one!

this!! she may not be a nutritionist but still she should have congratulated you on your weight loss and not be a mean condescending jerk
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer would never say something like that! She held a nutrition seminar at our gym and told everyone to eat more, but healthy foods. She gave everyone a general list of some things that were good to eat. She pretty much said the opposite of what your trainer is saying. I would get a new one if I were you. She just sounds mean and unsupportive!!
  • mamnboston
    Options
    wow, your personal training was so insensitive and unless she has a degree in nutrition, she doesn't know what she's talking about. Sorry that happened to you.
  • tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    KIll her, and don't hide the body as a warning to the rest of them
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I think she's very uneducated about the whole thing and quite hypocritical. She obviously is not that in tune with things or she would be more supportive of you. It's time to move on. I want to fire her for you!!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    KIll her, and don't hide the body as a warning to the rest of them

This cracked me up!!!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Ditch the *****.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    thank you all!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Next time you see her, I would like you to very kindly say to her, in a soft voice:

"Come closer"

And when you do this, make a gesture with your index finger like you're beckoning for her to come close to you. Sort of like a "come here" gesture.

As she gets close to you, repeat this only speak a bit softer and gently smirk. Be very innocent and welcoming so she feels comfortable in your personal space.

As she gets immediately next to you, I want you to whisper softly in to her ear:

"I don't play dat *kitten* bish."

And then I want you to donkeypunch her as hard as you possibly can. As she reels to the ground clutching her scrawny-*kitten* butt cheeks, bend over as though to help her up, and then turn around and proceed to rip the biggest fart you can muster up. Be sure to remain in that position for a few good seconds to let it escape.

I'm just here to help.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Next time you see her, I would like you to very kindly say to her, in a soft voice:

"Come closer"

And when you do this, make a gesture with your index finger like you're beckoning for her to come close to you. Sort of like a "come here" gesture.

As she gets close to you, repeat this only speak a bit softer and gently smirk. Be very innocent and welcoming so she feels comfortable in your personal space.

As she gets immediately next to you, I want you to whisper softly in to her ear:

"I don't play dat *kitten* bish."

And then I want you to donkeypunch her as hard as you possibly can. As she reels to the ground clutching her scrawny-*kitten* butt cheeks, bend over as though to help her up, and then turn around and proceed to rip the biggest fart you can muster up. Be sure to remain in that position for a few good seconds to let it escape.

I'm just here to help.

BEST.ADVICE.EVERRRRR!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Looks like it is time for a new trainer.
  • gabriellejmgb
    Options
    Agreed with Melsinc. Find a new trainer. If you lost all that weight, then what is she talking about?
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Cookie cutter personal trainers with bad attitudes and have no know how outside the little training/education they received are the worst trainers, they do more harm than good. Hire a new trainer.
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    yea I agree. WOW i hope she doesn't pride her self on motivation.. UGH.. BOOT TO THE CURB