Lost 15 lbs in 2 days, Don't know what I did.

Options
Hello All,

In February I got on the scale for the first time in about 4 months and I weighed 305 lbs, the most I've weighed in my life. I immediately started watching what I eat and started exercising more. The weight started coming off fairly rapidly, 5-7lbs a week with it being a little higher at the start.

Anyway I've been weighing myself every day or every other day to keep track and keep me motivated. So two days ago I weighed 260 lbs, which is in line with what I expected. Today I weighed myself and to my surprise the scale said 245. So I thought it was a screw-up and weighed myself again with the same results. Then to double check I pulled out my wii balance board and fired up wii fit plus (I usually take measurements from the wii balance board with a grain of salt) and got the same measurement.

So apparently I lost 15 lbs yesterday, here's what I did yesterday, so you understand my confusion:
Woke up at 9:30, finished tax paperwork and sent it off
At 11:00 went to lunch and had a vegetarian Mushroom Burger and Salad with vegan Cinnamon Cake for dessert
At 11:45 went to a nature trail and hiked 10 miles (I hike 10 miles 4-5 times a week this is nothing new) while on the trail I ate a date almond bar
At 4:00 went to see The Lorax (excellent movie) and ate an order of fried mozzarella sticks (no judging)
At 7:00 went to see American Reunion (as good as American Wedding) and ate a corn dog and pepperoni pizza (I said no judging)
At 10:00 I got home and watched the first two American Pie movies
At 1:00 am I ate a cookie and went to bed.
Other than that I kept very hydrated throughout the day.

As you can see, while I did exercise I also ate quite a bit of junk food and I doubt that corn dogs and pizza are the secret to losing weight.

Questions:
Anyone know what I did?
Should I be worried?
If I shouldn't be worried should I try to replicate these results?

Thanks,
Lawrence

Replies

• all4derby
    all4derby Posts: 55
    Options
    Unless you had some huge flush of water weight, maybe the scale was wrong *prior* to your last weigh-in? Either way, I'm sure you were happy to see 245. Every loss, even an inexplicable one, is awesome imo :)
  • RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Modern day miracle!
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    May have been the taxes part you mentioned - when you mailed in all that money it lightened up your wallet! :laugh:
  • watboy
    watboy Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs in 2 days before. Not sure what happened there either. I was happy with it though :)
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Broken scale :)
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You gave it to me lol
  • lawrenceraybon
    lawrenceraybon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So both scales must have been off or maybe I was really gassy and it was decreasing my weight significantly because now my weight is back to 254. Oh well, guess I'll have to lose it the old fashioned way... without magic:wink:
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I had a similar experience this morning. I dropped almost 5 pounds between yesterday morning and this morning. Yesterday I was under my calories by about 130, but that happens often without a huge drop. The previous few days I had gained a bit, which I assumed was bloating or something since I was on point with diet and exercise. This happened to me once before and then bounced back up a little bit. Assuming my scale is working, I just take the morale boost, believe my goals aren't as far off as they were yesterday, and don't let myself get discouraged if the scale doesn't keep that low number.