Suggestions on "What to eat"

Options
Started really trying to lose weight about a month ago. Two weeks in, I had lost 4 lbs and then the last two weeks I've upped my calories to 1500 and work out atleast 5 days a week. I've gained those 4 lbs back in the last two weeks. I'm normally under my calories, but I do eat "crap" in there almost everyday. Two people have told me the weight gain is from the working out all of a sudden (im not really believeing that) and then someone else said it's what is making up my 1500 calories. So, if i cut the junk food out of my diet I would not be hit my calories for the day and I'm "starving" myself, so increasing the amount of food would not work.

so, my question is what do you eat when you're trying to fill up w/o crazy amounts of calories?

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So firstly, working out can make you temporarily gain water weight so it can be from that but a couple of things catch my eye... firstly you say you're usually under your calories and secondly you say you eat junk almost everyday. So.. those are two easy fixes.. 1. make sure you're eating all of your calories.. especially if you're working out. You don't necessarily need to eat back your exercise calories but you do have to make your minimums each day. 2. Cut the junk food out, focus on fruits veg, whole gains and lean protein. Doing all those things together will have the weight start to come off again. These are high volume low calorie foods that you can eat a lof of and not go over your calories!
  • lizziegrace10
    Options
    I'm always under my calorie goal, if it's by a great deal I usually eat some peanut butter to get it up :)
  • victoria615
    victoria615 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I do eat junk, normally some form of chocolate, almost everyday. I'm trying to stop having it in the house so much, so that I don't end up eating it.

And, that was supposed to say that I'm NOT starving myself to get under my calorie goal each day. Sorry!

I will try the spoon of PB the next time I'm under my goal, thanks for the idea!

I normally have a protein shake for breakfast and some fruit or a Z bar
    string cheese for a mid-morning snack
    lately a spinach salad with grilled chicken and low fat ranch dressing
    apple w/ pb or a 100 calorie granola bar
    and then whatever we're eating for dinner. Try to stay away from too much starchy carbs and always atleast one veggie
    And somewhere in there I end up eating some chocolate.