Maintenance or Keep Losing

Options
I am 5' 4". I currently weigh 135 lbs. My original target was 130, but as I am losing the weight I find that I am losing in spots that I didn't necessarily want to lose. :) I am happy with the way I look right now except the tops of my thighs (saddle bags) and my belly (which is actually really saggy looking right now). I know there is no way to lose in certain areas and not in others, so what I am wondering is if I should put my profile to Maintenance calories and just concentrate on toning these areas or if I should stay at 1200 until my tummy is a little smaller. HELP!

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I say switch to maintenance and workout to tone those areas. You may find you lose a little extra doing that anyways.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I say concentrate on doing some serious strength work. Your tummy will tighten up and you'll most likely lose the last five.
  • singitella
    Options
    I agree. I'd focus on strength for now. After I lost weight, my skin took a little time (ahem, months) to tighten back up- especially in the thighs, tummy and back of arms. Good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest changing your weight loss goal to 0.5lbs/week and partake in a heavy lifting strength training routine. this way you will lose slowly while retaining lean muscle. Only eating 1200 cals would lead to a loss of muscle and fat, not just fat.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you jump rate from a 500 cal deficit to a maintaining calories it might shock your body. If you happy where you are at Id slowly go back to to your maintenance.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my weight is 135. My goal weight is 129. I have already started incorporating strength training in my workout program because it makes me look and feel better. I changed my weight loss goal to half a pound a week. This allowed me to eat more calories while focusing on toning. This is just my second week, but I did lose one pound last week!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CyanideCyster
    Options
    I would suggest changing your weight loss goal to 0.5lbs/week and partake in a heavy lifting strength training routine. this way you will lose slowly while retaining lean muscle. Only eating 1200 cals would lead to a loss of muscle and fat, not just fat.

^^^This definitely. We have similar stats. I'm 5'4 and started to do the above at 137lbs...I'm now 128lbs and a lot firmer!! I have a pic up actually of the difference one month of lifting made going from 137lbs-132lbs.

Feel free to add me.