Anyone done insanity or P90X?

I'm considering buying one of these but would like some reviews from people about them first?

How did you find it? Does it work? Obviously I know you have to put in the effort but I enjoy exercise so I'm not too worried about that! How often do you have to do the workouts? Is it 3 times a week? Every day?

Any help appreciated!

Replies

• ANewMaria2014
    ANewMaria2014 Posts: 104 Member
    I have insanity and it is intense, but really good! I noticed a big difference after only 2 weeks. It does require for you to do it 6 days a week and the workouts are about 30-40 mins long. I have not tried p90x, but I hear that you build more muscle because it requires weights. Hope my infor helped!
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    i do p90x and it is intense as well, it has 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio. balanced very well.
    it's hard but i love it because i feel like it kicks my butt daily and i always see results.
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    I'm considering buying one of these but would like some reviews from people about them first?

How did you find it? Does it work? Obviously I know you have to put in the effort but I enjoy exercise so I'm not too worried about that! How often do you have to do the workouts? Is it 3 times a week? Every day?

Any help appreciated!

I have done P90X and am currently doing Insanity. And I have to say I love both! I am for sure in the best shape of my life and am close to my goal of being under 10% body fat. That being said they are hard for sure and do take dedication. You are working out 6 days a week and approx. 1hr/day. Not a bad trade off to get in the best shape.

If I was to recommend one to anyone I would pick P90X. It is both cardio plus weight training where Insanity is mostly cardio.

Good luck
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 913 Member
    I have done both - I'm just in week 3 of Insanity, though, but here are my thoughts:

P90X - 3 days strength per week, 2 cardio, 1 yoga, 1 rest. total workout time per day is from an hour to an hour and a half. AWESOME for building strength (pushups, pullups, etc)...the cardio isn't crazy challenging, and gets a little old over 90 days. with that said, loved the program and I plan to do a P90X/Insanity hybrid once I finish Insanity.

Insanity - 6 days per week, 5 cardio highly intense workouts with 1 cardio recovery workout. month 1 is around 40 minutes per day - month 2 is closer to an hour, I think. Like I said early, I'm not on month 2 yet. Insanity cardio is MUCH more intense than P90X, but it doesn't incorporate as much strength training.
  • Not to be a parrot, but it really depends on what you are looking to accomplish. I did P90X first because I really needed to get some muscle mass built; I was all flab.

Insanity is intense cardio, but it's coupled with body resistance and requires no equipment which is really nice. I'm actually starting Insanity on April 23.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Thanks for the responses guys! I'm leaning towards P90X... my goal is to tone up and lose inches, which program is better for that?
  • Majzak
    Majzak Posts: 5
    I have done both but started with 2 rounds of P90x and then did the P90X2 or whatever the little add-on was called.

Personally I would recommend P90X over insanity of you have the time. I prefer a muscular body and P90X gives you a quite nice overall fitness level. It all depends on where you start off but that additional muscle you put on will help you in the future as your basic metabolism goes up.

If you want to tone up and lose muscle both will do the job (assuming you do your part) but I would imagine that P90X would leave you with more muscles in the end.