need some support buddies :-)

bw8869
bw8869 Posts: 6 Member
New to MFP and looking for some support buddies. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds. Taking up jogging for the first time in my life and recently quiet smoking! Just want to get in shape and feel better at 39 than I did at 29!!

Replies

• scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 245 Member
    I am in the same boat my friend 37 wanting to be healthy like when I was 27. Feel free to add me as I am trying lose about 25 lbs.
    We may be able to keep each other in line lol.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like....congrats on joining MFP...welcome to the journey! :happy:
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 659 Member
    Hey there! I have about 30-35 more to lose as well! Feel Free to add me! :drinker:
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    I also quit smoking and am trying to lose around 25 (lost 20 so far)... Honestly I never knew it was this easy....So close and yet so far:)
  • LeanMeanJeanne
    LeanMeanJeanne Posts: 44 Member
    **pom poms waving** You can DO IT!!!!
  • three4mom2002
    three4mom2002 Posts: 4 Member
    Also looking for support buddies. Live in Fresno, CA and would really like to find a buddy in Fresno or Clovis to walk with...anyone here from Fresno or Clovis? Eating right is becoming easier; it's the exercise I have to fight with.
  • brenjm48
    brenjm48 Posts: 18
    Welcome. I'm pretty new as well - a week. Love to have you as a friend for motivation and support. I'd love to start running again but i need to lose at least 14lbs first or i'll wreck my knees. I'm just taking my time walking everyday and doing some exercises. Feel so much better already:happy:
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Please feel free to add me. I'm all about motivation and support. Typically I am good with exercise, just horrible with food. We can help each other!
  • nmmoore1979
    nmmoore1979 Posts: 23 Member
    ME TOO! Add me. Looking to lose 30 pounds.
  • Hi... I'm just new too... stopped smoking a month ago and joined the gym...its just my eating that im struggling with. I need some help x
  • I too am new to mfp, I joined a week ago but yesterday was the 1st day I was brave enough to post anything, similar to your posting, looking for support & encouragement. Feel free to add me on this journey :smile:
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    50 wanting be feel like 30? unrealistic? I don't think so.. LOL

Have you made your... what is your why poster? yet
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Feel free to add me. I'm looking to lose around 30-35 pounds myself. I already lost 24, but these last 30 won't budge lol
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm also looking to lose another 20-30 lbs. Good luck on your journey! Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • duranchick72
    duranchick72 Posts: 17 Member
    Welcome! There are great people on here! You can do this!
    Feel free to add me. New friends are always welcome!
  • YvonnePtm
    YvonnePtm Posts: 28
    I have just joined up today and would love it if we could give each other some support.....my daughter gave me the link, as she has also joined......so here goes.........also need to lose a lot of weight..........::laugh:
  • pattyk0517
    pattyk0517 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm new to MFP too. I'm looking to lose about 20 - 25 lbs. I just downloaded an app on my iphone callled 5k Runner (by Heavy Duty Apps) What I like about this app is that it tells you when to walk and when to run in a fitness routine.

I also just joined a gym yesterday. My goal is to walk/jog at least 3 times a week ~ I've been sitting around long enough!

Anyway, I too am looking for a support buddy :smile:
  • You can add me. I'm 40 and I have always wanted to be fit and healthy. Most of my life I've been close but I want to be there. I started running off and on about 3 years ago lost about 25 lbs running 2 miles a day but I found it to be hard on my joints so now I do the elliptical for 45 mins a day and walk my dog everyday, Sat and Sun are rest days.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Same here. 36 years old and totally out of shape. I'd like to lose 40 lbs ultimately. I need to do it for my health.