5'5" Women Unite :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    5'5 here too,hoping to get to a goal weight of about 130lbs :)
  • fahn27
    fahn27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'5 over here!
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    My problem these days are not the pant lengths because I usually wear heels and that makes up for being too long, my problem is my round apple midsection. I swear I wish they would make more elastic pants until I loose a few more pounds so I don't always have to go up a size to get a decent fit.
  • frizico
    frizico Posts: 30
    Options
    here here!!! Always have to get my pants tailored!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well, here's to average. 5'5"
    Did I read a thread that your BMI says 111 lbs?? That sounds so thin... I'm hoping and working for high 130s.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree111 seems so low, but I guess it depends on how you carry it too. The lowest I ever was in my adult life was 130 and I had a VERY hard time staying there. I hope I can be 140-145 but I'll see where I am at 150 and if I'm happy with that. More fat to lose but I'm starting to tone up under my jelly ;-)
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    Did I read a thread that your BMI says 111 lbs?? That sounds so thin... I'm hoping and working for high 130s.

I was surprised by it too and wanted to cry but it's motivation. I celebrate each and every pound I loose so I am not trying to make a goal for myself that I know will be close to impossible to obtain.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 130.... I really don't remember weighing this little...ever. I remember being 140 in high school, but I was always very athletic and active. Maybe it was muscle? If it turns out I can't get to 130 because I'm not built that way, I'm fine with that!! I'd love to be 140-150 and strong.
  • lstarr07
    lstarr07 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I was surprised by it too and wanted to cry but it's motivation. I celebrate each and every pound I loose so I am not trying to make a goal for myself that I know will be close to impossible to obtain.

Weight definitely looks different on everyone....at 135 I know I look like I'm 115....any smaller does not look very healthy on me....20lbs to go!! :-)
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5'5" here! Started at 210, 190 now, goal of 135/140.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" too!!!!! Please add me.

"Average" weight for a 5'5" woman at 30 is 120-150 (according to my doctor). But I agree that every body type is different....bone density, muscle mass, etc. For me, when I got in the 130's (I've gained A LOT since then) I was a size 5 and friends/family started telling me I was starting to look too thin, but my sister is 5'4" at 109 (equivalent of 114 if she was an inch taller) and looks perfectly healthy....so who knows.....
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    5'5" here my entire life!! I started at 242 now at 214 and want to get to 140-145 Please add me
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'5" too. What do we have to moan about then hey that we are too average??? I always find trousers too long but i think because i have short legs. Any others here have that problem? :)

I have that problem too. For some reason, Junior sized jeans (when i could fit into them) and NY & Co pants seem to always be the right length. When I buy designer jeans they are ALWAYS too long....same with Cabi and other nicer brands. It seems like the larger the size, the longer the pant. Just because I gained a few sizes, doesn't mean I also grew taller.

I like that people are posting their goal weights. It's nice to see what others are shooting for at our height. Right now I am shooting for 150, but my ultimate goal will be 140 or 145.